At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Develops studies, plans, criteria, specifications, calculations, evaluations, design documents, performance assessments, integrated systems analysis, cost estimates, budgets, associated with the planning, design, licensing, construction, operation, and maintenance of Exelons electric generation, transmission, distribution, gas and telecommunication facilities/systems under the guidance of an experienced engineer. Provides consultation and recommendations to the Company within and to other business units and/or customers as a result of studying company or customer-owned systems, processes, equipment, vehicles or facilities under an experienced engineer. #CD# Reviews financial data from budget and actual costs of projects under the guidance of an experienced engineer. Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Performs engineering assignments while exercising independent discretion under the guidance of an experienced engineer. (e. g. Collect data, perform complex analysis, interpret results, draw conclusions, and clearly present a recommendation to management)
- Performs engineering tasks associated with large projects or a number of small projects. (e. g. Analyze and interpret the results of complex power flows and perform complex engineering tests, and analyze non-specific and ambiguous results)
- May direct the engineering tasks associated with a large project or a number of small projects (e. g. Verify and validate studies, blueprints, or designs against accepted engineering principles and practices.
- Design high voltage transmission and distribution circuits, meeting all engineering standards and criteria)
- Participates on teams and may lead teams.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex electrical and mechanical systems.
- Knowledge and ability to apply problem solving approaches and engineering theory.
- Knowledge of engineering designs, principles and practices.
- Two or more years of professional engineering experience
- General knowledge and experience with regulations, guides, standards, codes, methods, and practices necessary to perform assignments for a specific discipline, various installations, or services
- Engineer in Training License
- Provides technical assistance in support of senior engineers.
- Applies technical knowledge to help promote a safe work environment and to enhance customer satisfaction
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor EEO is the Law Poster