Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The role of the E2E Information Management Analyst will report directly to the Commercial Information Management Solution Architect and play a key role in shaping solutions in the data integration, master data management and BI and Analytics. The role is part of the Commercial information management team who are responsible for the processing, aggregation, provision and reporting of commercial data subject areas to support key business functions across all commercial operations.
The key responsibilities for this role are:
- Support Solution architect in project to define the solution for the project, delivery scope and creation of necessary architectural deliverables
- Ensure solution and detailed design is robust across all components of the solution and any gaps are highlighted and addressed
- Collaborate with global IT and commercial business units to complete functional and technical requirements and associated interface design mappings to meet the scope of the Business requirements to quality and in a timely manner
- Support the analysis of the required data sets for the project solution and support the definition of the data model designs required to meet the Business requirements
- Carry out the necessary quality assurance activities on the appropriate deliverables during design, build and test to ensure high quality delivery
- Support the US Solution architect to drive the necessary content for solution design and support in creation of architectural documentation
- Creation/update of documentation to support existing capabilities, data cataloguing, data dictionary and other deliverables to support use of the solution and ongoing knowledge sharing on the Commercial Information Management platform and data warehouse
- Collaborate with Global Commercial Information Management platform teams to design and develop framework concepts and coding definitions for Commercial Information Management Platform capabilities and ensure effective knowledge transition to vendor partners
- Supporting the technical analyst and vendor teams in understanding the solution, business and functional requirements and ensuring overall delivery is of high quality (eg. Technical design reviews, code reviews, technical framework reviews e.g. error handling)
- Support overall delivery of projects from end to end perspective by resolving design issues and questions during the delivery lifecycle
- Support of SIT, E2E and UAT testing to ensure successful delivery of Commercial Information Management projects - defect reviews, technical and deployment testing etc.
- Understanding of the use of Application Programme Interface (APIs) to data ingestion and data provision to align to the global GHH IT API strategy
- Contributes as part of a cross-functional team to the delivery of product releases against a prioritized set of requirements.
- Drive continuous improvements of the Data Warehousing technology platform and use of the right technologies to support Business needs
- Drive for personal development to understand all components of the E2E delivery across multiple teams to ensure proposed solution will meet Business needs
- Become fully conversant with MSD systems development life cycle methodology and understand Business processes and concepts, regulatory and compliance needs relevant to data management in the Pharma industry
- Actively collaborate and share knowledge across MSDIT
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Economics or Business Management
- Master's degree preferred
Required Experience and Skills:
- 2 years' experience in commercial (sales / marketing / Digital) environment
- Motivated team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Willingness to learn mind set with a genuine interest in the value of Commercial data analytics
- Proactive attitude to delivery and willingness to support across the delivery team in all stages of the delivery lifecycle
- Ability to self-learn and develop business and technical knowledge quickly and apply these to the business problems
- Strong SQL skills with the ability to write complex queries to support data analysis
- Minimum of 1 years' experience working with enterprise data warehousing and analytics tools such as Teradata, Hadoop, Spotfire, OBI EE or equivalent technologies
- Minimum of 1 years' experience working with ETL tools and processes such as Informatica and how these tools interact with data warehousing tool sets
- Experience of creating logical and physical data models tools and design of industry standard data models
- Experience of use of standard database query tools and languages
- Strong experience with end to end system process design, specifically in the creation of Functional/technical and non-functional requirements and integration design
- Strong analytical thinker and problem solving skills with a strong understanding of data integration and warehousing tools and processes
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Experience of working both independently and collaboratively within a geographically disbursed environment
- Knowledge of cloud based technologies and data warehouse approach and principles
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement