Sound pipeline planning and provision is foundational in driving Monsanto's product development from early discovery phase, through phase I-4 and into product launch. Monsanto has the world's largest field testing research pipeline. Smart logistics are critical to the ongoing success for a single field testing platform. Intelligent pipeline design and operations are critical in driving Monsanto's ability to deliver novel products to market. The successful candidate will Manage the seed strategy for biotech pipelines in corn, soy and cotton to deliver successful products to testing. Interact with compliance, contra season growers, scientist and technology to provide logistical solutions to improve current workflows and maintain quality standards in seed production and trial design. Willingness to embrace the changes a research environment needs to be innovative yet focused enough to keep crop cycles on track. Need attention to data connectivity and desire to automate processes that need manual touches removed. Be able to forecast and execute timelines and have a great communication skill set to keep many projects informed as the pipeline progresses to enable testing globally for biotech. Primary responsibilities are:
- Driving the development of solid field testing protocols and work instructions to ensure successful testing communication by understanding the testing needs of the partner to the testing team.
- Assist Seed Operations teams by coordinating seed processing needs, inventory creation, substitution protocols and backup plans as needed
- Accurately forecasting field resource requirements including optimum planting location needs, and changes in testing requirements.
- MS or BS degree in Logistics, Agricultural Sciences, Genetics, Plant breeding or related field with work experience in plant breeding operations or field based agronomic research.
- Proficient in FTS (Monsanto's enterprise Field Testing Systems) and/or other data management and analysis software.
- A proven history of mastering database applications and IT tools to plan and execute experiments, to organize and track samples, and to extract and analyze information.
- Strong written and oral communication, interpersonal and organizational skills to work effectively with cross-functional teams at different locations.
- Project management experience, with the ability to drive projects to completion while working under tight timelines.
- Results-orientation, attention to detail.
- Ability to lead by influence.
- Knowledge and experience with regulatory compliance policies and procedures.
- Understanding of Labware and MBT processes
A little about us:
At Monsanto, we believe that diverse perspectives solve big challenges and deliver a broad range of solutions to help nourish our growing world.