The Finance and Accounting Rotational Program is a 2.5 year program that develops recent college graduates into future leaders of Johnson Controls (JCI). During the 2.5 year commitment, individuals rotate to new positions every 6 months in order to gain an overall understanding of the accounting and financial responsibilities within JCI as well as exposure to the various business models within the company. Rotations are primarily located in Milwaukee, WI, but there are positions outside of WI. Associates may have the opportunity to work at one of our plants within the U.S. as well as complete one of the six-month assignments internationally. Employees are challenged to take on additional work outside of their day-to-day responsibilities to gain further knowledge and increase their network within the company. Additional training and development opportunities are consistently presented to the employee and the expectation is that all opportunities will be taken. The program is managed by a steering team of finance leaders from within the company. At the end of the 2.5 year assignment, employees along with the steering team work to find employees their post-graduation role within the business. Primary Duties:
(dependent on assigned rotations): All Rotations:
- Assists departments in simplification and improvement of overall department processes.
- Assists in the creation of documentation to ensure consistent application and/or interpretation of processes or policies.
- Other duties/projects as assigned.
Financial Analyst/Field Business Analyst:
- Responsible for tracking the financial business transactions that include, but are not limited to: accruals, depreciation, Intercompany transactions, cash transactions, etc. Must ensure proper accounts are being charged and accurate records are kept.
- Perform account analysis and timely preparation of reconciliations to ensure balance sheet accuracy including monitoring, tracking, and resolution of remediation items in a timely manner.
- Supports the business units by providing monthly information and analysis to management.
- Ensures compliance to internal controls.
- Provides accounting and analytical financial support to management by working as a financial partner in analyzing ways to improve the profitability of the company.
- Assists in reviewing and interpreting operational results.
- Assists in preparation of the annual operating plan and quarterly forecasts. This analysis includes comparisons to previous quarters, projections for future quarters, and changes from previous plan/forecast.
- Assists in the monthly financial commentary and operations reviews, as well as analysis of actual results versus financial plan. Also monitors key indicators and trends in both income and trade working capital metrics.
- Reviews market and business data and analyzes trends.
- Analyzes processes and documentation to assess the level of compliance with applicable procedures, adequacy of controls, efficiency and effectiveness of operations, and accuracy of reported information.
- Interviews individuals and surveys activities in audit areas assigned.
- Ensures audit approach and work program addresses the highest risk areas.
- Drafts, reviews, and discusses audit findings with Internal Audit management and the management of the audited unit on a timely basis.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Open to relocation across the U.S. and abroad
- Foreign languages encouraged
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.