Additional Location(s) or Information: San Jose, CA (SJC, CA) OR RTP
Job Category: Human Resources
Level of Experience: Experienced - Non Manager
Requisition #: R1022359
Who You'll Work With
The Engineering HR L&D team is focused on driving a differentiated career and learning experience for employees with the goal of enabling a high-performing Engineering organization.
Are you passionate about enabling the success of the next generation of Cisco's talent? Do you want to make a difference in the experience of early in career employees? If you answered yes to both questions, this is a great opportunity for you to apply thought leadership to develop a short and longer-term strategy to evolve the 1st and 2nd year experience of university hires in Engineering.
What You'll Do
• Manage Early in Career (EIC) program execution that will have the greatest impact with attracting, engaging, developing and retaining early in career employees.
•Understand the strategies and priorities of the engineering business units to develop experiences that will build essential skills to address our business opportunities and customer requirements.
• Deliver solutions that enable hiring managers to effectively coach, engage, and develop early in career talent.
• Work cross functionally with the University Relations team
• Apply change management best practices to socialize, develop support, and drive adoption
Who You Are
• 8+ years overall professional experience preferably with 2 - 3 years' experience in university relations / early in career
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
• Prior experience in creating and implementing employee development programs
• Ability to take risks and look at thing differently
• Energy and passion for delivering program that focus on experience, exposure, and education experiences in innovative, value-add modalities• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, influence, and lead change across multiple-stakeholders at all levels of the organization: senior executive leadership, cross-functional teams, hiring teams, HR client-facing, etc.
• Solutions-focused, self-starter with proven experience in program development and management in a large, complex organization.
• Ability to create a big picture story while also focusing on the key details to enable effective execution.
• Exercises excellent judgment that balances tradeoff decisions based on diverse input and the needs of key stakeholders.
• Adapts quickly to a fast-paced, changing environment; comfortable with ambiguity
• Willing to travel ~30% domestic travel if not based on San Jose.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Job Type: Experienced
Opportunity Category: *None
A little about us:
We are one, big, techie, employee tribe that changes the world while having fun.