Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world's leading clean, engine technology. We're also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right .
Our Engine Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Columbus, Indiana for a EBU Diagnostic/OBD Project Lead.
Cummins USA is where you can work on industry leading engineering projects such as New Product Development, Value Package Introduction and Systems Product Validation.
Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
Applies specialized knowledge of engineering principles and practices across various areas and projects in one or more of the following areas:
Product Integration, Verification & Validation
- Development and maintenance of subsystem or component level requirements; development of subsystem or component verification and validation plans; architecture and generation of concept designs and functional allocation of subsystem requirements to components; and/or development of subsystem interface agreements, installation / application guidelines and quality assurance procedures.
- Applies technical expertise on complex components or projects and works under minimal supervision.
- Leads small projects or portions of large projects.
- Provides technical direction for a project or a project team.
- Participates as a key contributor and is accountable for project success.
- Influences at department or program management level.
- Provides input on program-related decisions.
- Proposes innovative initiatives and projects.
- Demonstrates depth of knowledge of engineering discipline(s) and leverages expertise on other projects.
- Troubleshoots complex problems and recommends appropriate actions.
- Assists with the transfer of knowledge; coaches and mentors less experienced engineers.
- Understands the basics of integration, verification, and validation concepts including component testing, integration testing, system testing, performance testing, test planning and documentation, and test environment. Has led the creation or mapping of tests to requirements and needs for several projects. Has led the creation of system test plans balanced with budget and appropriate risk mitigations. Product Risk Management
- Understands the basics of risk management concepts including risk identification, risk management planning, and risk monitoring. Should be able to produce lists of the product-specific risk items likely to compromise a project's success, and develop strategies to mitigate or control the risks.Requirements Engineering
- Understands the basic terminology used in requirements engineering. Has leadership experience in the development and maintenance of requirements for a component, sub-system, or process. Has had accountability for the overall development and maintenance of requirements on their project and for the capability of all Requirements Engineering processes, people, and tools within their extended project team.Systems Definition And Design
- Understands the basics of the system design process including requirements allocation and architecture definition, capability determination through system modeling and testing. Has applied these skills in a past system design project.Concept Design/Architecture
- Performs concept design/architecture at an advanced level. Proficient in the application of concept design/architecture in a wide range of work situations. Able to lead the application of concept design/architecture. Able to train and coach others in the development of concept design/architecture skills and knowledge. Skills and Experience Required:
Relevant work experience required (3-7 years)
This is an international OBD lead position. He/ She will work on the international OBD regulations. This role has overall Diagnostics / OBD development, validation, and certification ownership for critical EBU program(s). The role reports directly into the EBU Diagnostics / OBD team but will work closely with System Performance Integration (SPI) Leaders, Technical Project Leaders (TPL's), Cert & Compliance functions, and the other sub-teams within EBU Diagnostics (DSM, Test Team, Infrastructure & Data Analysis Team). Key responsibilities of this role include:
Education, Licenses, Certifications
- Ensuring Diagnostic / OBD requirements (regulatory and beyond) are understood by applicable stakeholders and documented appropriately
- Managing overall Diagnostic / OBD development (8-Step algorithm development, 3- Step tuning and validation) via the Master Diagnostic List for the given program
- Achieving Diagnostic / OBD certification with compliant, robust diagnostics delivered on-time per ESW
- Updating program stakeholders throughout the above phases (Tech Teams, Cal Reviews, Tech Functional Reviews, OBD Deep Dives, etc.)
- Highlighting risks and driving mitigation plans where appropriate
College, university, or equivalent degree in Engineering required. Green Belt certification required. Compensation and Benefits
Base salary commensurate with experience . Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits. Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins