Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world's leading clean, engine technology. We're also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right .
Our Engine Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Columbus, IN for an EBU System Performance - Technical Specialist. Cummins USA is where you can work on industry leading projects. Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
- Applies specialized knowledge of engineering principles and practices across various areas and projects in one or more of the following areas: combustion/performance/emissions, cool/lube/fuel systems, air handling, system integration, after treatment integration, after treatment integration, cycle simulation, vehicle system simulation, combustion system simulation, flow simulation, filtration, or after treatment simulation.
- Applies technical expertise on complex components or projects and works under minimal supervision.
- Leads small projects or portions of large projects.
- Provides technical direction for a project or a project team.
- Participates as a key contributor and is accountable for project success.
- Influences at department or program management level.
- Provides input on program-related decisions.
- Proposes innovative initiatives and projects.
- Demonstrates depth of knowledge of engineering discipline(s) and leverages expertise on other projects.
- Troubleshoots complex problems and recommends appropriate actions.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Assists with the transfer of knowledge; coaches and mentors less experienced engineers.
- Intermediate level of relevant work experience required, such as responsibility for several components of a project or a complex component of a project.
- This position is for the ISV and V8 5.0L Current Product System Performance team, which consists of the previous CPE and ATI teams that have now been integrated into one team. The products supported would be the Nissan pickup truck (chassis certified) as well as the ISV dyno certified engine.
- Fundamentals of thermal and fluid sciences, and/or physical chemistry - Specialized knowledge in the areas of thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, combustion, and/or physical chemistry. This knowledge includes both analytical and experimental applications. Ability to apply this knowledge to areas such as engines, after treatment systems, fuel systems, air handling systems, power generation and filtration systems.
- Energy conversion systems knowledge - Strong energy conversion systems knowledge. Energy conversion systems knowledge includes an understanding of the working principles of power generation, including engines and systems related to engines, such as after treatment systems, air handling systems, fuel systems, and filtration systems.
- Thermal and fluid science specialty of interest - Specialized knowledge in a specialty of interest in the areas of thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, combustion, and/or physical chemistry. This area is a very broad, requiring focus on a subset within thermal and fluid sciences, with more detailed knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to the specific area of interest.
- Technical leadership skills - Basic technical leadership skills including the ability to lead teams and/or projects that focus on TSFE. Ability to make sound database decisions.
Required Education, Licenses or Certifications
- Communication and teamwork skills - Cooperates with others, fully contributes to achieve the team goal.
PhD, Masters of Science, Bachelor of Science or equivalent degree in engineering required. Compensation and Benefits
Base salary commensurate with experience . Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits. Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.