Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world's leading clean, engine technology. We're also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right .
Our Engine Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Columbus, IN for an EBU Systems Analysis - Technical Specialist Cummins USA is where you can work on industry leading engineering projects such as New Product Development, Value Package Introduction and Systems Product Validation.
Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
The Systems Analysis team is a part of Systems Engineering, Analysis, and Solutions (SEAS) within the Global Technology and Operations Strategy (GTOS) organization of EBU Engineering. The Systems Analysis team supports Analysis-Led Engineering for EBU VPI programs through two primary functional support areas:
- Field Test and Engineering Test machine data logger data analysis
- GT-Power engine modelling and simulation analysis
- Applies basic knowledge of engineering principles and practices to assigned tasks in one of the following areas: combustion/performance/emissions, cool/lube/fuel systems, air handling, system integration, after treatment integration, cycle simulation, vehicle system simulation, combustion system simulation, flow simulation, filtration, or after treatment simulation.
- Uses prescribed and innovative methods, and works with limited guidance.
- Participates as a team member and actively contributes towards team goals.
- Carries out partially defined and moderately complex tasks.
- Demonstrates good understanding and applies knowledge of an engineering discipline.
- Applies engineering and/or scientific skills and continues to develop experience in creating engineering solutions.
Fundamentals of thermal and fluid sciences, and/or physical chemistry - Specialized knowledge in the areas of thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, combustion, and/or physical chemistry. This knowledge includes both analytical and experimental applications. Ability to apply this knowledge to areas such as engines, after treatment systems, fuel systems, air handling systems, power generation and filtration systems.
Energy conversion systems knowledge - Strong energy conversion systems knowledge. Energy conversion systems knowledge includes an understanding of the working principles of power generation, including engines and systems related to engines, such as after treatment systems, air handling systems, fuel systems, and filtration systems.
Thermal and fluid science specialty of interest - Specialized knowledge in a specialty of interest in the areas of thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, combustion, and/or physical chemistry. This area is a very broad, requiring focus on a subset within thermal and fluid sciences, with more detailed knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to the specific area of interest.
Technical leadership skills - Basic technical leadership skills including the ability to lead teams and/or projects that focus on TSFE. Ability to make sound database decisions.
Communication and teamwork skills - Cooperates with others, fully contributes to achieve the team goal. Education, Licenses, Certifications
PhD, Masters of Science, Bachelor of Science, or equivalent technical degree required. Experience
Intermediate level of relevant work experience required (3 plus), such as responsibility for several components of a project or a complex component of a project.
- Leading and supporting analysis efforts for one or more EBU programs (these responsibilities might include leading weekly data review meetings, representation and participation in technical program team meetings, technical communication to program leaders and team members, presentations of analysis results, and being the program point of contact for data analysis)
- Leading and supporting Analysis Led Design/Calibration efforts utilizing GT-Power engine model development, calibrations, and optimization studies for EBU programs teams
- Leading and supporting process improvement initiatives and Six Sigma project efforts within the team, SEAS, and EBU.
- Participating in the creation and sharing of best practices among various entities within EBU and Cummins Inc.
- Supporting project work initiatives with extended teams overseas (Cummins Technology India Ltd.) and extended reach to global technical sites (CTCI, DTO UK, East Asia R&D, Brazil)
- Data analysis skills: Using software analysis tools such as Matlab, Excel, or MiniTab to explore and visualize various data formats, understanding system interactions, and ability to identify good versus bad results. Additional experience with statistical analysis & analytics is a plus.
Computer Software skills: Skills using standard Microsoft applications (Excel, Powerpoint, etc.); Advanced skills using Matlab/Simulink (MathWorks tools), R language and/or GT-Power (Gamma Technologies tools) are a plus Compensation and Benefits
Salary commensurate with experience plus bonus. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits. Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.