Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world's leading clean, engine technology. We're also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right .
Our Engine Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Columbus, IN for a EBU X12 Program Team Senior Engineer . Cummins USA is where you can work on industry leading projects. Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
- Applies basic knowledge of engineering principles and practices to assigned tasks in the design, development, analysis and release of products and subsystems through the product life cycle. Assists in creating design specifications considering application, cost, weight, performance, product life, manufacture, assembly and service. Verifies design using analysis and or functional testing, interprets results, drives decisions and assesses risk. Works with other engineering disciplines and cross-functional disciplines to resolve product issues. Evaluates customer needs and aligns requirements with identified customer expectations.
- Uses prescribed and innovative methods, and works with limited guidance.
- Participates as a team member and actively contributes towards team goals.
- Carries out partially defined and moderately complex tasks.
- Demonstrates good understanding and applies knowledge of an engineering discipline.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Applies engineering and/or scientific skills and continues to develop experience in creating engineering solutions. .
- Minimal relevant work experience desired, such as internship, co-op, or other pertinent work experience.
Required Education, Licenses or Certifications
- This position is to join the X12 VPI Program team. The team is a dedicated team to deliver the X12 product with a projected launch date of July, 2018. This specific position will mainly be focused on the EGR and Intake System, but responsibilities could extend to additional engine sub-systems. The X12 is a heavy duty engine that will be sold primary in North America and manufactured in Jamestown, NY. There could be some travel to JEP on the Corp. shuttle required for this position.
Bachelor of Science or equivalent degree in engineering required. Compensation and Benefits
Base salary commensurate with experience . Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits. Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins