Mainland Medical Center - Texas City, TX Echo/Vascular Technician II
Founded in 1952, Mainland Medical Center
has been part of Galveston County for more than 55 years. Originally a 90-bed hospital, we have grown to a 223 bed acute care facility offering quality, compassionate care with state-of-the-art services. Our services include inpatient and outpatient medical, surgical and specialty services.
Mainland Medical Center is part of the HCA Gulf Division, a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers, cancer centers, and diagnostic imaging facilities. It offers a complete continuum of specialized health programs and services that meet the needs of Greater Houston and South Texas residents and businesses. Our growth is truly a reflection of the changing needs of our community, our patients and rapidly advancing medical technology. Our services include:
Mainland Medical Center
- Breast Care Center
- Cardiovascular Services
- Center for Sleep Disorders
- Center for Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine
- Emergency Services
- Level II Neonatal Intermediate Care Unit
- Occupational Health and Wellness
- Senior Mental Health
- Women's Services
is currently looking for an Echo/Vascular Tech II. Responsibilities:
- Performs all procedures in the Vascular Lab, i.e., Echo's Carotid, venous and arterial studies.
- Manages all assigned supplies and equipment in the Cardiovascular Lab.
- Maintains CPR certification.
- Independently assists the physician with all procedures performed in the Cardiovascular Lab.
- Completes all appropriate paper work for physician interpretation.
- Performs miscellaneous clerical duties including filing, copying, faxing, etc.
- Assures that patient's billing is timely and accurate.
- Assists as needed in other related departments such as EKG.
- Assists in Quality Assessment and Improvement activities.
- Assists in keeping ultrasound equipment and viewing station clean.
- Assures all equipment is functioning properly and reports malfunctions.
- Assumes responsibility for orientation of new personnel, as delegated by the Director.
- Adheres to and complies with HCA's ethics and compliance policies and procedures in the Code of Conduct. Attends annual training sessions.
- Prefer 2 years experience as a technologist in a Cardiovascular Lab.
- Completion of a Cardiovascular Tech Program or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated current clinical competence, as outlined in the appropriate Orientation Checklist, maintains competency on a consistent basis, as evidenced by completion of the Annual Skills Checklist, able to deal with stressful situations and able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to interact well with patients and peers.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom