Summerville Medical Center is a 94-bed, acute-care hospital with a 24-hour emergency room and comprehensive medical services. The facility enjoys an enviable reputation for its cardiac services, pediatrics, and women's services, including "home-like" birthing suites. Trident Health has earned recognition as a leader in the delivery of healthcare in the Lowcountry.
Position Summary: The Echo technologist
shall be responsible for performing 2D/M-Mode,
- Stress Echocardiograms,
- Transesophogeal Echocardiograms including processing all orders and reports.
This position will also be responsible for assisting in performing other duties in the diagnostic cardiology department (Special Testing
) such as performing EKGs
Qualifications: Position Requirements:
- Job may include direct supervision of students at the discretion of the area supervisor.
- Employee must have the same licensure or have completed the same training to satisfy the requirements of the discipline of the student.
- Direct supervision means the primary caregiver is readily available to the student throughout the shift.
- Pediatric specific experience needed and Pediatric registry preferred
- Registered or eligible for credentialing as an Echocardiographer (must obtain registration within 3 months of employment), BLS-Healthcare provider.
- Associate Degree in sonography specializing in cardiology preferred.
- Experience in performing all modes of Echocardiography.
- Performs in accordance with delineated job responsibilities and satisfactorily completes a yearly evaluation based on these responsibilities.
- Must possess the knowledge and skills necessary to effectively meet the needs of the patient/internal & external customer.