Summerville Medical Center is a 94-bed, acute-care hospital with a 24-hour emergency room and comprehensive medical services. The facility enjoys an enviable reputation for its cardiac services, pediatrics, and women's services, including "home-like" birthing suites. Trident Health has earned recognition as a leader in the delivery of healthcare in the Lowcountry.
Position Summary: The Echo technologist
shall be responsible for performing 2D/M-Mode,
- Stress Echocardiograms,
- Transesophogeal Echocardiograms including processing all orders and reports.
This position will also be responsible for assisting in performing other duties in the diagnostic cardiology department (Special Testing
) such as performing EKGs
Qualifications: Position Requirements:
- Job may include direct supervision of students at the discretion of the area supervisor.
- Employee must have the same licensure or have completed the same training to satisfy the requirements of the discipline of the student.
- Direct supervision means the primary caregiver is readily available to the student throughout the shift.
- Pediatric specific experience needed and Pediatric registry preferred
- Registered or eligible for credentialing as an Echocardiographer (must obtain registration within 3 months of employment), BLS-Healthcare provider.
- Associate Degree in sonography specializing in cardiology preferred.
- Experience in performing all modes of Echocardiography.
- Performs in accordance with delineated job responsibilities and satisfactorily completes a yearly evaluation based on these responsibilities.
- Must possess the knowledge and skills necessary to effectively meet the needs of the patient/internal & external customer.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom