Chippenham Hospital, a 466-bed acute care facility, is located on the Southside of Richmond, a short drive from the beautiful, outdoor Stony Point Fashion Park, offering an abundance of shops, restaurants, and even a dine-in movie theater. Chippenham Hospital is a Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) facility, who ranks 63rd on Fortune's 100, and is one of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S, where healthcare employment opportunities are almost endless!
The Joint Commission awarded Chippenham Hospital the Gold Seal of Approval and named us a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures for advanced primary stroke, heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, perinatal care, hip and knee replacement and surgical care. We are also a Certified Chest Pain Center and a Level II Trauma Center, which means we provide fast, skilled care in life's most difficult moments.
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS*
1. *Performs non-invasive peripheral vascular testing to evaluate the hemodynamics of arterial, venous and/or cerebrovascular circulation by utilizing Doppler ultrasound, plethysmography, duplex imaging and sound spectrum analysis according to the Vascular Lab procedural policies. *Performs cardiac ultrasounds to evaluate pathology and function according to the Echo Lab procedural policies.
2. *Compiles reports to communicate test results to referring physicians by EMR notation and/or oral report of preliminary findings and transmittal of final evaluation.
3. Pursues professional development to prepare for additional responsibilities and improve current job performance by participating in educational meetings, independent study and maintaining appropriate certification.
4. *Maintains lab equipment to ensure optimal functioning; inspecting for breakdown, trouble-shooting and communicating with appropriate repair persons.
5. Restocks work areas with necessary supplies. Keeps work areas clean and orderly to promote patient safety.
6. *Correlates test results in order to maintain quality control and to establish current accuracy.
7. *Utilizes appropriate communication and interpersonal skills with patients, families, physicians and staff.
8. Assists the physician as needed during procedures and monitors physiological parameters during
9. * Demonstrates proficiency in operating and troubleshooting equipment.
10. * Performs job to ensure quality care is provided within defined area of accountability.
11. * Safely transports machine to patient room to perform vascular exam or transports patients to office
12. * Takes call after regular hours.
13. Participates actively in continuing education and assists in education of new staff as requested.
14. Communicates effectively with Department Leader, Clinical Coordinator, staff members and
physicians and serves as a liaison to promote interdepartmental relationships.
15. Initiates and documents patient teaching including family and/or significant others. Uses appropriate
patient education documentation modality.
Required - Two year clinical experience in vascular and/or Echo sonography
Required - ARDMS or CCI vascular and/or Echo credential obtained within one year of hire
Preferred - Registered Vascular Technologist/Registered Vascular Specialist and/or Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer/Registered Cardiac Sonographer
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom