Memorial Hospital is a 418-bed acute care hospital offering a full line of services. We feature an accredited Chest Pain Center, certified Stroke Center, dedicated Heart Center, a state-of-the-art Spine Clinic, and Memorial's maternity center, Special Beginnings. Position Summary
- The Cardiac Sonographer/Echo Technologist in conjunction with the Registered Nurses assumes responsibility for a group of patients for a designated time frame.
- The Sonographer will perform Echo procedures in the department and at the patient's bedside.
- All procedures will follow the standard format obtaining views, measurements and calculations in determining, valve area, flow velocity, maintaining equipment including cleaning and prepping for patient use.
- The Sonographer will perform other functions as determined by the Supervisor in expediting the care of the patient, including transporting the patient to and from the department for testing, assist in stress testing and keeping accurate records for cleaning and maintaining the equipment.
- The Sonographer follows hospital policies and procedures.
Qualifications: Required Education:
- The Cardiac Sonographer/Echo Technologist is responsible for the direct and indirect care of patient assignment.
- The Sonographer follows the establish guidelines for the standardization of views and valve measurements.
- The Sonographer ensures that the quality of the studies adhere to the standards.
- The individual will work to adhere to ICAEL standards for the facility and will take advantage of continuing education.
- Responsible for working collaboratively with assigned staff.
- The position requires knowledge of both department and hospital policies and procedures relevant to the delivery of patient care.
- Interpretive skills, frequent interactive and consultative associations, along with management and supervisory skills are inherent in the position.
- Graduate of an accredited school of cardiovascular sonography.
- Registered Cardiac Sonographer, registered within one year of entering position if prior experience, or within 24 months if no prior experience.
- BLS Certification
- Five years experience in a clinical setting
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom