Background & Purpose of the Job
eCommerce is the biggest retail disruption in a generation. Amazon has grown from selling books to becoming the largest online retailer in the world with revenue of over $100B. Others are investing billions to catch-up, and leading CPGs are putting digital-eCommerce at the heart of their strategies.
The eCommerce Business Manager will lead key Unilever Personal Care-Beauty categories with Amazon end-to-end. It’ll take 10x growth thinking to reach our ambition, and someone who works with the agility of an entrepreneur. If the idea of being the GM of your own high-growth business with a portfolio of iconic brands like Dove and AXE excites you, read on. Who You Are & What You’ll Do
You’re the go-to for all things Amazon. Accountable for your P&L and long-term growth plan, you set the strategy and then execute it with the full support of an all-star cross-functional team. You’ll own customer collaboration and have the chance to work alongside some of the most progressive minds in CPG and Retail. Co-creating innovative digital marketing programs, pioneering nextgen data analytics, and re-inventing supply chain are just a few of the things in your bag. You’re a critical thinker, quick learner, and have the intuition to chart the unknown. Fast. What else?
What you’ll Need To Succeed:
- You’re a born leader: You love thinking big and driving with a people first mantra- the type others rally around and would walk through a wall for.
- You’re a strategy guru : Using the left and right sides of your brain to create a vision and give direction to a team of high performers gives you serious energy.
- You’re a dot connector: Figuring out complex business challenges with limited direction doesn’t faze you. You have the unique ability to think differently and pull it all together.
- You love to win, and have fun doing it: Your eye is always on the prize you have a history of blowing away targets. You know it’s an adventure you need to celebrate along the way.
- You’re a story teller: You wrote the book on how to give killer presentations and take people with you. The idea of knocking out a TED talk puts a smile on your face.
- You’re a teacher: You recognize the power of paying it forward and are good at helping others develop towards their full potential.
- You’re a changemaker : As a proud member of the eCommerce growth engine, you’ll serve as an ambassador throughout Unilever and enable our success. You’ll also get the chance to make a difference in the world by partnering up with Project Sunlight www.projectsunlight.us .
Bachelor’s degree. 5 years of high performance in CPG sales & marketing, retail, digital, and/or running your own business. Top notch negotiation skills and sharp financial insight are critical. Proof of strong judgement, drive, and influence is a must. Our Take on Leadership: Growth Mindset:
This is competitive leadership. Taking the lead in the market place versus following. It's a positive attitude about the company's future — glass half-full —but it's realistic. It's passion for winning. Winning defined as gaining market share. It's placing a fresh emphasis on innovation — challenging the status quo. Consumer and Customer Focus:
This is purpose-driven leadership. It's externally focused — on consumers, on customers. First take care of consumers and customers; financial performance will follow. It's a heightened passion for the consumer: “I firmly believe in improving the lives of consumers.” It's bringing the voice of the consumer and the customer into everything we do. It's seeing our brands through their eyes. Bias for action:
This is action-driven leadership: "This is what I will do." It's speed and sense of urgency in making decisions. But it needs to be thoughtful action, intelligent risk-taking. Also it's not wasting time on bureaucracy — it’s output that counts. And it’s simplifying my agenda, carefully choosing priorities — and not taking on too much. Accountability and Responsibility:
This is performance-driven leadership. "I will deliver against KPIs, holding myself to the highest standards.” I will also hold other people accountable — first by setting clear expectations and then by telling them if they are on the right path. It's staring reality in the eye — doing it with numbers. It's taking responsibility for Unilever's overall performance, not just by delivering my results but by helping other people deliver their results. Finally, it’s personally driving change and using operational discipline to deliver on the promise. Building Talent and Teams:
This is people-driven leadership. It's passion for people. It's having the best people in the right positions, whatever the person's gender or background. It's giving people plenty of room to do their part, and recognizing them for their contributions. It's investing in people's development — giving them feedback and challenging work. It’s also constantly challenging myself to grow and improve. And it's building aligned, cohesive teams that pull together to win.
Please note: as part of the job application, you may be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law .