The impact of technology has fundamentally evolved and in some cases transformed almost every consumer segment with groceries / consumables being the next space that both external experts and large players (e.g., Amazon, Walmart, Alibaba) are betting on. As a result, eCommerce is one of the fastest-growing areas within the consumer products industry and represents a significant opportunity (and potential threat) for PepsiCo across geographies.
To ensure we win in this space we have established a dedicated eCommerce group, bringing together world class talent across F&B, digital, and key customers. While tied closely to broader PepsiCo, the eCommerce group has a unique start-up feel and defined values that embrace a more entrepreneurial mindset: bias for action; results oriented; community-focused; prioritization of people.
Strategy is a critical component of this new organization. To meet our aggressive growth targets and compete effectively against start-ups and/or technology competitors requires a step-change in our thinking and the way that we approach strategy. Given the nuances in F&B evolution across key regional markets, tailoring our approach to win in each respective context is also critical. Accordingly, this role will play a major part in shaping and executing the global eCommerce strategy and innovation agenda as well as providing a hands-on approach to driving execution, beyond strategy itself. Job Description:
The Global eCommerce Strategy team is focused on providing broad, strategic vision for PepsiCo eCommerce and identifying and evaluating new growth initiatives across our priority markets - and, in many instances, driving initial execution. By working closely with the eCommerce organization and across markets, she/he will lead problem solving and opportunity evaluation, including strategic and financial analysis and the creation of business plans for high potential opportunities. The candidate will also be responsible for coordinating our innovation efforts within the eCommerce space - both overseeing analytics to drive rigor and reporting on our pipeline planning as well as assessing go-forward business models to accelerate eCommerce first innovation across PepsiCo.
Blending strong intrinsic capabilities with creative, external perspectives, the successful candidate will champion new initiatives that demonstrate breakthrough thinking. With direct access to senior executives, this individual will lead highly visible projects that will have a significant impact on the direction and performance of the company. By embodying the core values of the eCommerce group, she/he will have a critical role building, driving and reinforcing the influence strategy team has over the organization.
Importantly, this role is as much about strategy as execution - it is about moving from typical strategy decks to taking ownership and leadership of implementation. We are looking for a leader who cares and is passionate about making recommendations a reality... a "practical strategist".
- High level strategy development including working closely with the broader global eCommerce team (based in NYC) and with the Sales and Finance leads in the priority markets
- Granular strategic planning for key markets and customers - including analytical assessment and refinement of the portfolio innovation process; sales strategy development; evaluation of new business models; incubating emerging pure-play customers
- Identification and definition of business questions and issues requiring strategic, analytical and financial frameworks, whereby the Strategy team can partner with functional leaders to effect change
- Coordination with strategic planning processes across broader PEP - especially to establish role and requirements of eCommerce in the context of business-unit specific goals and resource allocation
- Creating and coordinating knowledge management process across Global eCommerce organization, raising internal bar, and "evangelizing" eCommerce (and underlying strategy) across broader PEP
- 10+ years of strategy experience in a variety of positions, with exposure to consumer/retail clients
- Experience in digital/eCommerce - in consulting or company role
- BA required (MBA strongly preferred)
- Highly analytical, motivated, decisive thought leader with deep strategic tool kit
- Proven people leader with excellent managerial skills and passion for developing and growing a team
- Ability to gain credibility with team members and senior management; influence decision makers
- Bias for action, with a track record of taking calculated risks for the long-term benefit of the company
- Results oriented with a focus on developing implementation plans to drive execution
- Global outlook with sensitivity and awareness of social and cultural differences
Location: 285 Madison Ave, NYC Relocation Eligible
Eligible for Limited Relocation