At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking an eCommerce Operations Manager for their Consumer Business Group located in Maplewood, MN. Job Summary:
You will manage planning and strategic directives for 3M Consumer Brand (e.g. Command™, Filtrete™, Post-it® Brand, Scotch® Brand, ACE™ Brand, etc...) eCommerce programs. Bring together Sales, Shopper Marketing, Brand Communications, and business analysts to help define and execute sell-in and sell-through opportunities on key partner web properties. Manage high functioning team to provide guidance and execution of eCommerce product presence, merchandising, promotions, processes improvements and competitive benchmarks against industry best practices. Additionally, you will lead data reporting for campaign recaps in order to drive insights for promotion and product content optimization. Roles and Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Leadership for 3M Consumer retail eCommerce, including best practices in product presence, demand generation and measurement utilized to improve the sales of 3M Consumer products through pureplay and multichannel retail partners including Global Amazon.com, Walmart.com, Jet.com, Target.com, and other accounts.
- Work closely with cross functional teams, including Sales, Shopper Marketing and Division teams to identify eCommerce opportunities.
- Follow identified best-practices and processes to improve product presence on eCommerce websites. This includes actively consulting and supporting the business team as they execute on account negotiations, SKU presence improvements, product detail page improvements, images, videos, rich content and other requisite best-practices to reach eCommerce sales goals.
- Work closely with the Product Information Management team to identify best practices and processes to manage data and assets for eCommerce programs.
- Partner with US Consumer business unit, Sales and Shopper teams to define objectives in eCommerce, including product content, product positioning, website advertising and demand generation programs, channel strategy and competitive response.
- Where appropriate, create and maintain leadership relationships with eCommerce executives and managers at key retail accounts, identify strategic and operational directives, circulate news on eCommerce account developments to internal stakeholders.
- Ability to acquire, retain and utilize knowledge of differences in retailer website technical capabilities and business processes, and to customize recommendations to maximize presence of 3M products based upon technical and business operation best practices.
- Attend launch meetings for and align initiatives against all newly on-boarded pureplay and multichannel eCommerce accounts.
- Lead measurement of campaign performance and competitive analysis in multichannel and pureplay account including Amazon Retail Analytics Premium.
- Share best practices with global 3M teams and interface with global accounts as necessary.
- Work with cross-functional team to provide Consumer Business Group input into 3M Corporate discussions regarding product information management, merchandising, demand generation, measurement, process improvements and other areas of interest to driving eCommerce sales.
- Prepare, and occasionally deliver, presentations to eCommerce and merchant resources at Retailer accounts. This will most often occur within the context of an account visit to 3M Center, but may involve travel to account sites.
- Interface with 3M business groups outside of Consumer on portfolio management in shared eCommerce accounts
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university
- Minimum of three (3) or more years of eCommerce experience
- Minimum of five (5) or more years of combined experience in retail key account management, sales planning, account development, marketing and/or business development
- Team management and development experience
- Understanding of consumer/shopper experience as it relates to online shopping and as it contrasts with brick-and-mortar shopping.
- Professional experience with a large multichannel retailer
- Ability to drive strategy and change while implementing, analyzing and reporting on numerous concurrent eCommerce projects. Ability to navigate well in ambiguity.
- Superior analytical skills and experience applying data to make decisions. Record of making decisions and implementing change.
- Project management experience with demonstrated ability to prioritize work independently and manage multiple tasks.
: Maplewood, MNRelocation
: is authorized within Country per 3M policiesTravel:
up to 20%
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.