Dell Commerce Services Group (DCSG) builds and operates the global Dell Commerce Platform that powers Dell.com, which receives over 1 billion page views per year, across 150 countries and is Google’d more than 1 million times per day. DCSG provides its customers a cohesive branded experience across Consumer, Premier, Solutions, eSupport and Offline Sales.
Dell is extending the reach of the Dell Commerce Platform, as a software product suite, to command an extensive variety of applications and solutions that are central to the growth of Dell as a technology and solutions company.
See more about us here! :http://youtu.be/C_NH4XR7R4w
Dell’s Dell Commerce Service Group (DCSG) is hiring eCommerce Software Engineers to aid in the development of their ecommerce initiatives on Premier.dell.com. These engineers will be responsible for delivering programs in a dynamic, fast paced, scalable agile ecommerce environment. The Premier application suite is a key piece of Dell’s strategy and responsible for billions of dollars in annual revenue and our solution architects are a key component of keeping the platform alive and growing.
The team needs individuals with deep e-commerce knowledge to guide and deliver a high-volume, highly personalized e-commerce experience. We are looking for the most senior candidates who have a strong background in Enterprise/Systems/Application development, with proven abilities to innovate and be creative. We are looking for highly motivated, goal-oriented individuals who will be responsible for building highly visible, highly available, and customer facing E-Commerce solutions.
Ideal candidates will have extensive experience in object-oriented programming and experience in large multi-national corporations. Candidates will be familiar with Microsoft technologies, and will have worked on very large web sites dealing with very high volumes.
Candidates should be excellent team players, yet capable of working independently, and will be able to manage multiple projects at once. Candidates will work with very little direction, will be comfortable leading conference calls, and can drive the direction of very large projects being developed by multi-shore teams.
The Dell Commerce Service Group (DCSG) that builds and operates a global Commerce Platform that powers Dell.com, which receives over 1 billion page views per year, across 150 countries and is Google’d more than 1 million times per day. DCSG provides its customers a cohesive branded experience across Consumer, Premier, Solutions, eSupport and Offline Sales. Dell.com is extending the reach of its Commerce Platform to command an extensive variety of applications and solutions that are central to the growth of Dell as a technology and solutions company
- Develops high availability and highly scalable applications which will be used by both internal and external customers.
- Works with clients and Business Analysts to determine software requirements and system impacts
- Generates technical documentation as well as unit and functional tests
- Works closely with the global development team, other senior Solution Architects, and executives within the Online Product Engineering group to plan ongoing feature development, product maintenance, and management of development teams
· Engineering Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, or equivalent professional experience.
· 7 years of related experience with at least 3 years building web portals and/or ecommerce applications using Microsoft technologies
· Knowledge of object oriented programming
· Knowledge of SQL Server development and database design
· Works closely with the Enterprise & Solution Architects through all phases of the SDLC
· Analyzing business requirements, processes, data, and system integration points to determine/recommend appropriate technology solutions
· Designing, coding, testing, documenting, and deploying global applications based on system and user requirements
· Knowledge in analyzing, designing, and developing solutions to highly complex problems
· Knowledge of XSLT and Agile methodology
· Familiar with Unit Test, Mock, Test Driven Development etc.
**Job:** **Engineering - Software Development Engineer*
**Title:** *E-Commerce Senior Software Development Engineer*
**Requisition ID:** *16000MPI*