Power Gas Power Systems
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world's largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Economic Value & Competitiveness Strategy Leader
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
As the Economic Value & Competitiveness Strategy Leader, you will be responsible for developing competitive strategies to maximize the Life Cycle Value of Gas Power System's product portfolio for PM&A's turnkey and strategic opportunities (GPS's largest deals). These opportunities are up to billion dollar investments for our customers and it is critical that value and targets are aligned with the competitive environment on price, performance and CSA's.
As the Economic Value & Competitiveness Strategy Leader, you will will report directly to the Economic Value and Competitiveness Manager who has full accountability for economic value competitiveness in the ITO phase of all turnkey and strategic opportunities (NPI, large orders, etc.).
As the Economic Value & Competitiveness Strategy Leader you will:
* Develop creative solutions and provide recommendations to maximize lifecycle value by balancing customer RFQ (what customer wants) and customer economic model (what customer is willing to pay)
* Define cost targets for turnkey and CSA's based on market price and performance level (output and efficiency) of GE vs. competitors to create enough value for GE to win opportunities
* Collaborate across functions to evaluate progress against targets, and communicate progress to defined targets directly to the General Manager - Product Management & Applications and other business leaders
* Develop and disseminate post mortem (deep dive) learnings across functions to enable GPS to learn and adapt to win
* Consolidate and analyze market price and performance intelligence from regions; disseminate competitive knowledge to all regions
* Horizontally lead across PM&A to develop and maintain the data, tools and processes needed to ensure that enough value is created to win
* Instill the GE Beliefs and drive a culture of trust, constructive debate, empowerment and speed in a way that engages, retains and inspires others
* There are 3 open roles, all based in Schenectady, but supporting various markets
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college
* Minimum 5 years of experience in product development, sales, marketing, customer application, or commercial operations within the power industry
* Ability and willingness to travel, as required
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
* Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects
* Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs
* Established project management skills
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.