Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress JOB INFORMATION
Conduct analyses or studies on effects of different economic conditions on the company's products, assets, or investments. Identify and evaluate economic trends and their prospective effect on the markets in which the company's goods or service trade. Collaborate on product development, risk management, financial management and capital market projects and exercises with economic analysis and projections. May represent the company in trade associations, professional groups, or to the public.KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Conduct economic research on public, proprietary, or lender data to assess trends or patterns in lending, borrowing, and the models used by the company to assess risk or assign risk management policies.
- Provide macroeconomic data and interpretation on home prices, home inventories, regional trends and the like, both within organization and to lenders, originators, insurers, and the like.
- Perform research and analytics on proprietary system(s) and related issues, including evaluating and implementing new products, model review and updates, and data quality issues.
- Review technical requirements written by application development team and insure that they accurately implement credit finance models or model changes.
- Using public and proprietary data, assess risks in particular regions, asset classes, types of lenders or borrowers, and the like. Prepare analyses and reports as appropriate.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- PhD or Master's Degree in Economics or Finance highly preferred.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 4 years of related experience
- 3 years of experience in quantitative financial modeling or fianncial model validation.
- Excellent understanding of economics and finance concepts
- Familiarity with statistical and econometric techniques
- Good writing skills, experience with writing memos, white papers etc.
- Strong communication skills, should be able to interact with business and other stakeholders
- Good programming skills in SAS, MATLAB, R, etc.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A little about us:
We’re leading the way to provide safe, affordable, and reliable credit, so people across the U.S. have opportunities to buy, reﬁnance, or rent homes.