Are you interested in helping solve today's most critical housing challenges? In simplest terms, Fannie Mae serves the people who house America. We work at the heart of housing by providing reliable, affordable mortgage financing in all markets at all times, buying loans that banks and other lenders originate, so they can fund new loans. This gives more people the opportunity to buy, refinance, or rent homes and apartments. Creating these opportunities is what drives the people who work at Fannie Mae.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress JOB INFORMATION
Conduct analyses or studies on effects of different economic conditions on the company's products, assets, or investments. Identify and evaluate economic trends and their prospective effect on the markets in which the company's goods or service trade. Collaborate on product development, risk management, financial management and capital market projects and exercises with economic analysis and projections. May represent the company in trade associations, professional groups, or to the public.KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Conduct economic research on public, proprietary, or lender data to assess trends or patterns in lending, borrowing, and the models used by the company to assess risk or assign risk management policies.
- Provide macroeconomic data and interpretation on home prices, home inventories, regional trends and the like, both within organization and to lenders, originators, insurers, and the like.
- Perform research and analytics on proprietary system(s) and related issues, including evaluating and implementing new products, model review and updates, and data quality issues.
- Review technical requirements written by application development team and insure that they accurately implement credit finance models or model changes.
- Using public and proprietary data, assess risks in particular regions, asset classes, types of lenders or borrowers, and the like. Prepare analyses and reports as appropriate.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 4 years of related experience
- Ph.D. in Finance, Economics, Statistics, or related quantitative field highly preferred.
- 3 years' experience of data processing and model development in financial industry; demonstrated ability to critique on statistic or econometric models.
- Good writing and oral communication skill, inter-personal skill.
- Proficient in modeling/coding languages such as SAS, R, Matlab, etc.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A little about us:
We’re leading the way to provide safe, affordable, and reliable credit, so people across the U.S. have opportunities to buy, reﬁnance, or rent homes.