GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
At GE Global Research, we're redefining what's possible. From cutting-edge research in molecular pathology for use in personalized cancer diagnostics to programs in coal gasification and renewable power that drive clean energy solutions, our work at Global Research is world-renowned. As part of our team, you'll find yourself among nearly 3,000 scientists and engineers from every discipline in a dynamic atmosphere where you'll be constantly challenged to learn and grow. You'll have access to leaders on all levels of the organization and collaborate across the globe with the very best in the field. If you have an insatiable intellectual curiosity and the ability to articulate your vision, then join us and watch the work you do create the next generation of products and processes that will impact the globe for generations to come.
Find out more at http://www.ge.com/research or http://twitter.com/geresearchjobs, and connect with our technologists at http://twitter.com/GEresearch
There is always an exciting new challenge on the horizon at GE Global Research because "what we imagine, we can make happen."
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Edison Engineering Development Program - Electronics Cooling
Leadership and Pipeline Programs
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Edison Engineering Development Program (EEDP) is a technical career accelerator program for people who have a passion for technology, a drive for technical excellence, and share in GE's core values. The program is designed to accelerate participants' professional development through intense technical training and a variety of business-critical assignments. Edison graduates have the technical and business foundation to proactively and continually make innovative contributions to GE's future.
On program "Edisons" receive broad job exposure through rotational assignments as they actively contribute to various technical projects. Rotations exist in a range of technical and application areas - examples include additive manufacturing, jet engine controls, turbine combustion modeling, composite material design, next-gen power electronics, real time embedded systems', robotics, semantic analysis of big data sets, and more. Experienced technical managers will mentor your work, and you'll participate in leadership and technical training.
EEDP is a two- to three-year entry-level program consisting of three or more rotational assignments. Rotational assignments are engineering projects driven by real GE business priorities in areas including renewable energy, aviation, smart grid, diagnostic imaging, advanced analytics, computational science, advanced computing, and many more. The program cultivates technical problem-solving skills via advanced engineering coursework, formal reports and presentations to senior leadership, in addition to valuable work experience.
As an Edison Engineer, you will:
* Learn to work closely with diverse teams to conduct leading-edge research
* Receive exposure to high-level management and cross-functional interaction
* Complete a minimum of three rotations in two and a half to three years
* Further your knowledge base in an area of your choice or seek broader technical exposure to new technologies or processes
* Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
* Research Experience in electronics cooling and thermodynamics
* Experience with FLUENT, ANSYS and LabVIEW
* Demonstrated academic excellence (minimum 3.0 GPA)
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
* Must be willing to work out of an office located in Niskayuna, NY
* Must be 18 years or older
* You must submit your application for employment on the careers page at www.gecareers.com to be considered
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Research experience in electronics packaging
* Passion for engineering and strong commitment to a career in technology
* Strong technical aptitude and an analytic approach to problem solving
* Previous employment/intern/co-op experience in an engineering-related field
* Previous research experience
* Excellent Publication record
* Excellent communication skills and ability to articulate technical problems in clear and simple terms
* Self-confident team player with a competitive spirit to excel
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.