The Story Lab Editor is responsible for managing Home Depot’s corporate website and digital newsroom, including content planning and creation, editorial, development of internal and external communications strategies, syndication and more. This individual also serves as a core communications strategist supporting Story Lab special projects. This role works cross-functionally to stay abreast of company priorities and trends, and is challenged to consider new technologies and visual avenues to further enhance Home Depot’s storytelling efforts. Additional responsibilities include reporting and analytics, site updates/maintenance and management of various agency partners.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- 60% - Managing Home Depot’s digital newsroom, Built From Scratch, including editorial, content strategy, production, syndication, measurement and reporting
- 25% - Managing strategic communications for Story Lab special projects and initiatives
- 10% - Managing, updating and maintaining Home Depot’s corporate website
- 5% - Managing agency partners
NATURE AND SCOPE
- Typically reports to Sr. Manager
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Typically requires overnight travel 5% to 20% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience:5 years
Most of the time is spent sitting or standing in the same location or there may be a need to stoop regularly or move/lift light material or equipment (typically less than 8 pounds).
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Strong organizational interpersonal skills; keen ability to prioritize and skillfully handle multiple assignments and a high-volume detailed work within a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills; working knowledge of AP style
- A strong working knowledge of social media and digital platforms, plus some traditional media relations skills
- Team player; ability to work across multiple teams and departments
- Ability and willingness to quickly adapt to new technologies
- Excellent listening and interpretive skills
- Organized, efficient and detail-oriented
- Analytic skills and ability to manage budgets
A little about us:
We recognize that military members are adept, motivated and hardworking. That’s why we made a commitment in 2012 to hire 55,000 veterans in 5 years!