Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Do you have a desire to serve communities by providing excellent public education and outreach, while developing deep community relationships? Are you ready to make a difference with communities of all shapes and sizes? Then this job might be right for you. Read on!
This position is dedicated to assisting our municipal partners meet their solid waste goals through consistent education and outreach. Emphasis will be on conducting ongoing public education, outreach and communication with customers to ensure full understanding of all programs and services.
Representatives filling this position will serve as a company representative in the local community and with customers. Waste Management's Public Education & Outreach Coordinators prepare and disseminate information to current and prospective customers concerning waste reduction, recycling, composting, solid waste collection services and the Company. Our coordinators participate in meetings with municipal, residential and business customers. They plan and execute many community outreach events.
This position will also manage the collateral process, including development, design and distribution for our Central and Eastern Washington business units. This includes working with graphic designers to bring the content to life in a manner that captures the attention of the intended audience. In addition, this role will work with internal departments and outside vendors to print and to distribute the collateral as appropriate.
Well-developed organizational skills are critical for this position. The Pacific Northwest market area serves many municipal customers. Our municipal contracts require a variety of public education, outreach programs and collateral. Being well organized is essential to the successful fulfillment of this position.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
• Reaching out to potential customers to encourage participation in WM programs.
• Conducting site surveys and waste audits to determine trash, organics, and recycling service levels and making recommendations on size and location of bins. Developing cost analyses for customers to assist in the decision making process.
• Arranging for new services and conducting on-site training programs with customers.
• Assisting in the development and dissemination of public education programs and marketing pieces for WM's services and community partnerships.
• Planning and developing information designed to keep the public informed of company sustainability programs, accomplishments, or points of view regarding waste reduction and recycling initiatives in assigned locations.
• Identifying, developing and conducting educational programs or events for various community organizations, municipal partners, businesses and multifamily complexes.
• Designing and delivering presentations focused on achieving recycling goals and driving awareness of WM efforts in the community.
• Working collaboratively with internal and external resources to bring compelling and effective collateral to customers.
• Managing the collateral process from start to finish. Developing new brochures, flyers, bill inserts, newsletters, collection calendars, operations material, etc.
• Working with graphic designers to transform content into eye-catching, functional collateral pieces.
• Working with internal departments, like Billing and Account Set-Up, to coordinate notification and secure mailing lists.
• Cultivating and improving community partnerships by attending and participating in or facilitating public events, meetings and other programs on behalf of company.
• Preparing and distributing fact sheets, newsletters or photographs to persons who may be interested in learning about or publicizing company recycling activities or messages.
• Assisting with on-going review of online service information (websites and internal customer service information) to ensure accuracy of information.
• Providing presentations and walking-tours of Company's Material Recovery Facilities and adapting presentations to audience age and education/interest level.
• Regular weekend and evening event work is required.
• Other duties as assigned, including contract manager support.
• Required: Four-year college degree or equivalent experience in environmental studies, resource management, education, sales or communications. Organizational, educational, excellent writing and communications skills required.
• Preferred: Two years of experience working with outreach, education, resource conservation, program administration or project management. Knowledge of solid waste, recycling and composting industry.
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting and/or landfill, MRFs, outdoor.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been looking for, please click "Apply."
A little about us:
Waste Management, Inc. is North America's leading provider of integrated environmental solutions.