Downtown San Antonio is the backdrop for a vibrant and diverse community of patients served by Metropolitan Methodist Hospital. Part of the Methodist Health System, Metropolitan is recognized for providing Center of Excellence level of care for cardiac, neuro, and bariatric patients. The Women's Pavilion delivers over 4,000 babies a year. The urbanization of San Antonio has resulted in significant growth in our emergency services and intensive care. Our facility is large enough to provide a wide range of services but we are able to support individualized development in a personalized setting. We apply evidence based practice to every patient encounter. By focusing on continuous quality improvement, we seek to deliver world class care with a personal touch. The community and our family environment are at the heart of all we do and sustain our values driven organization.
General Statement of Duties:
Under the direction of the Manager of Non-Invasive Cardiology/Neurodiagnostics performs EEG studies, EMGs, evoked potentials, epilepsy studies and other related examinations according to established standards and practices at a high technical level.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Demonstrates technical proficiency for basic digital EEG. This includes familiarity with national, hospital, and lab standards for testing. Candidate will utilize the 10-20 system of electrode placement to include manual measurements, skin prep, and electrode application (paste and collodian). Demostrates proper knowledge of montage selection based on patient condition. At the completion of all studies, properly removes electrodes, clean patient/equipment, and documents all necessary paperwork.
2. Demonstrates critical thinking and skill to recognize and correct artifact accordingly. Candidate can successfully trouble-shoot equipment and leads appropriately.
3. Demonstrates technical proficiency for proper set-up of long-term studies (Epilepsy) to include lead placement and patient prep. Candidate will be familiar checking the system during on-going recordings and transfer of digital data to reading station for interpretation by a qualified reader.
4. Demonstrates technical proficiency for set-up of ambulatory EEG to include lead placement and patient prep. Candidate will ensure proper and complete inservices for all patients on the use of all equipment. Candidate will transfer all data as necessary to the reading station.
5. Assists physicians to perform EMGs. Candidate will prepare the room and set up the necessary equipment, arrange for patient transport, and provide all necessary supplies for the procedure.
6. Will assist and/or train as needed in the performance of evoked potentials (VERs, BAERs, and SSEPs). Performs patient education about all procedures performed within the lab.
Minimum Education and Experience:
1. High school diploma or GED.
2. Preferred candidate would be a graduate of an AMA school of neurodiagnostics or a medical assistant course or its equivalent.
3. Minimum of one-year experience in a hospital setting performing neurodiagnostic procedures.
Minimum License and Certificates Required:
1. Preference will be given to candidates with registry from the American Board of Registration of Electroencephalographic and Evoked Potential Technologists, Inc. (REEGT).
2. CPR Certification.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom