At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking an Environmental Health, Safety and Sustainability (EHS&S) Engineer for the Membranes Business Unit within the Industrial Business Group located in Charlotte, NC. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.Job Summary
The person hired for the position of EHS&S Engineer
will be responsible for the overall EHS systems for the Charlotte site. Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Establishes and maintains EHS Systems to meet business requirements and EHS standards as appropriate for Corporate and Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA) compliance.
- Interfaces and interacts with engineers, manufacturing, maintenance, applications laboratory, process and product development, and technical service for EHS as appropriate to maintain and improve safe operation. Supports Management of Change (MOC) as it is related to EHS.
- Conducts auditing of appropriate areas in compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA ), local government, and Corporate EHS standards
- Manages the prioritization, development and implementation of functional EHS improvement plans. Ensures plans support business needs and goals and that project objectives and deadlines are met
- Assembles and leads project teams. Presents project recommendations to appropriate personnel that demonstrate sound planning in support of business needs and goals.
- Implements and manages programs to minimize or eliminate health and safety risks to employees/facilities including leading the incident investigation process
- Develops consistent policies and procedures to ensure full compliance with all applicable corporate, governmental, and local regulations including management of the hazardous and universal waste programs
- Provides process/equipment safety support to all areas of the plant, ensuring proper engineering and administrative controls
- Actively participates in relevant corporate/initiatives, complies with professional and quality standards, complies with corporate policies and procedures, and acts in manner consistent with 3M's values and ethical standards
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a Science or Engineering discipline from an accredited institution
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in an Environment Health and Safety (EHS) environment (an Internship or Co-op is considered qualifying)
- Bachelor's degree or higher in EHS, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or a related discipline from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in 3M EHS processes (applies to internal applicant only)
- Self-motivated with strong interpersonal, leadership and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments
- Ability to assimilate necessary business/customer acumen
- Knowledge and experience with theories and practices in health and safety assurance, air/land/water protection, industrial hygiene, or ergonomics
- Microsoft Office proficient
May include up to 5% domestic/internationalRelocation:
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
A little about us:
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.