Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for an EHS&S Manager in Lititz, PA.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and Over-The-Counter (OTC) products.
Responsible for the environmental health, safety and sustainability (EHS&S) infrastructure and development of the EHS&S team at the Lititz, PA campus. This leader will partner with company leadership to develop strategic plans, EHS&S strategy and Management Action Plan (MAP) in alignment with the JJSC and/or franchise commercial and R&D strategic imperatives. This position requires a broad knowledge of Local, State and Federal regulations and the ability to work effectively with regulatory agencies.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Lead the Lititz campus in developing and sustaining a culture of safety, through a matrix of area owners, program leaders, and safety committees that promote employee engagement and accountability.
- Support site leadership in driving system-based ownership of EHS&S through the organization to create a safe and compliant EHS&S culture through robust engagement of all personnel.
- Maintain EHS&S management systems including identification of significant EHS&S objectives for the site; auditing, analyzing, documenting, and reporting on their implementation and effectiveness to management via dashboards & reports.
- Manage the site’s process safety management (PSM) program.
- Prepare environmental permit applications and negotiate conditions. Ensure compliance with applicable Federal, State, and local EHS&S laws and regulations, standards, codes and guidelines and provide guidance to applicable stakeholders.
- Develop and implement EHS&S training strategy for the site, ensuring key risk and regulatory requirements are addressed for appropriate audiences, including new hires.
- Maintain local ISO certifications (and other voluntary certifications, VPP/OHSAS) by ensuring site EHS&S management systems are aligned & maintained consistent with ISO and/or program standards.
- Manage and provide coaching to the EHS&S staff. Set and monitor goals and objectives and provide adequate coaching/counseling, develop and monitor employee development plans, and provide recommendations as part of the succession planning, appraisal, and salary planning process.
- Seek prompt identification, reporting and correction of deviations in the workplace.
- Provide direction and management of the contractor safety program consistent with J&J requirements.
- Ensure consistent execution and continuous improvement of J&J high risk work programs (PIV, confined space, LOTO, work at heights, electrical safety, machine safety, etc.).
- Conduct root cause incident investigations, workplace inspections and risk assessments and make recommendations to prevent re-occurrence of incidents.
- Review capital projects to identify potential EHS&S issues and participate in their resolution.
- Ensure appropriate emergency response capabilities are in place.
- Develop and maintain the EHS&S operating budget.
- Drive Continuous Improvement through KPIs and benchmarking, utilize Process Excellence (Lean and Six Sigma) tools to enable business results.
- Bachelor’s degree in science, engineering or other technical field is required.
- Master of Science degree in an EHS&S related discipline is preferred.
- PE, ASP, CSP, CIH certification is preferred.
- Process Excellence (ex. Green or Black belt) certification is preferred.
- 8-10 years of EHS experience is required.
- 3 years of leading teams or direct people management is required.
- Experience leading an EHS program in a manufacturing environment is required.
- Experience with OSHA Process Safety Management is preferred.
- Experience in an FDA regulated/GMP environment preferred.
- Experience in building, managing, monitoring and maintaining environmental, health and safety programs is required.
- Knowledge of state and federal Environmental Health & Safety regulations is required.
- Strong leader with good communication skills are required.
- Results orientated: Has a track record of tangible improvements preferred
- Classroom trainer skills are required.
- Experienced in identifying, evaluating and controlling EHS&S hazards in the workplace in required.
- Ability to quickly interpret complex regulatory issues and provide recommended course of action preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office software programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Internet, intranet and database tools (internal and external) as needed to support the EHS&S functions are required.
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)Job Function
Environmental Health & Safety
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.