APP is a world leader in the investment casting of superalloys, aluminum and titanium primarily for jet aircraft and industrial gas turbine markets and a leading supplier of structural components for the aerospace, automotive, commercial transportation, and other industrial markets. Our La Porte, IN location is on the front edge of the rapid growth in the aerospace and turbine industries and has completed construction of a new plant that is the most advanced investment casting facility in the world.
The La Porte, IN facility has an immediate opening for a Senior EHS Engineer. Our passionate commitment to EHS provides the successful candidate with an excellent environment in which to work and the leadership commitment and support to deliver results. This position is a key member of the location’s EHS team and is highly visible position in the plant and Business Unit. The position provides an excellent platform for potential future growth to the successful candidate. Note: Qualified candidates may also be considered for EHS Engineer roles in APP that may become open in the future.
Key Responsibilities of this position include:
· Assist with location FSI reduction and prevention efforts including helping to lead deployment and execution of key FSI elements and coaching location SPAs.
· Analyze injury and incident data and assist line management in the implementation of focused injury reduction efforts. Provide expertise to proactively address injury reduction efforts.
· Assist with the assigned aspects of the facility’s industrial hygiene program including execution of IH sampling plans, the administration of IH databases and employee exposure records, hazardous material management, ergonomics oversight and serve as the radiation protection technical resource.
· Serve as a resource for the location’s industrial ventilation SPA to ensure IH exposure levels are maintained at acceptable levels.
· Provide technical expertise and participate in injury/incident investigations to assist in identifying root cause analysis and provide recommendations to prevent recurrence.
· Coach and counsel departmental leaders to assist them in the execution of their EHS accountabilities.
· Partner with location leadership to deliver EHS objectives.
· Lead and assist with other EHS accountabilities.