At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Engineer for the Distribution Operations located in St. Paul, MN. Here, you go. Job Summary
The person hired for the position Environmental Health & Safety Engineer
will be responsible for the development and implementation of safety, health, and environmental programs / practices aimed to prevent and control occupational injury and illness within the Manufacturing Services Organization including Distribution Operations, the St. Paul Warehouse, Resource Recovery, Rack & Core and Return Goods. The position is located at the St. Paul Warehouse.
Typical duties consist of interpreting regulatory requirements, developing & conducting EHS training, investigating workplace incidents and determining corrective actions, performing ergonomic evaluations and determining safeguards, tracking and monitoring EHS program effectiveness and conducting workplace and process hazard reviews.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Be responsible to implementing, coordinating, and maintaining the reports / records submittal rhythm to assure completion of Environmental reporting and recording for all applicable Federal, State and Local Environmental Permit reports and programs, including the 3M CAMMS system.
- Lead efforts associated with EHS management systems.
- Develop a broad knowledge and understanding of external safety/environmental activities and technologies and how they relate to the businesses of the division/staff organization.
- Establish and cultivate and extensive network of intra-divisional support to facilities completion of EHS assignments. Communicate EHS project and/or program status and results to operational leadership.
- Analyze EHS data, self-assessments, reports, trends and communicates results to operational leadership and recommends plans for correction of gaps
- Participate in Division and Site EHS Committee meetings and associated activities
- Develop and present EHS training
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university
- Minimum of three (3) years of combined Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) experience in a manufacturing and/or distribution operation
Location: St . Paul, MNTravel: May include up to 30% domestic Relocation: Is not authorized
- Bachelor's degree or higher in EHS, Safety, Environmental or related discipline from an accredited university
- Experience in EHS program administration, incident investigation, risk management and/or State/ Federal regulations
- Skills include: self-directed, detail orientated, strong interpersonal communication skills, prioritization and organizational abilities, project management, proven leadership ability
- Microsoft Office proficient
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.