Aviation Supply Chain
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Working for GE Aviation is exciting & challenging.Come see what you are missing!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Environmental Health & Safety
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The EHS Generalist for the new Huntsville, AL facility will lead Waste Water Treatment Design, Air and Water Permit Modifications, and implement the Site Sampling and Analysis program to ensure sustainable compliance.
In addition you will :
* Provide support to Site Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Leader and / or site management on various EHS issues
* Initiate, develop, and deploy EHS Site policies, practices, and procedures to support the CMC business
* Assist in implementation and auditing of EHS programs and procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory and GE CEP requirements
* Develop and maintain general knowledge of applicable regulatory requirements
* Conduct EHS inspections, risk assessments and accident / incident investigations
* Create and Manage EHS related records and documentation to demonstrate EHS programs effectiveness
* Assist consultants and contractors on related EHS issues
* Assist in conducting EHS education programs
* Assist in issue resolution
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in Environmental Health & Safety)
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in Fixed Facilities
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS :
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals at the Masters level for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
* This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Ability to interface effectively with all levels within the company as well as organizations outside GE (regulatory agencies)
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Established project & program management ability
* Strong analytical skills
* Six Sigma training (GE Employees only)
* Knowledge of environmental regulations
* Knowledge of and experience with OHSA 1910.119 (PSM)
* Knowledge of and experience with Emergency Response and Planning
* Knowledge of and experience with Industrial Hygiene and Ergonomic principles
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We're passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We're diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.