Arconic is currently seeking highly motivated and energetic students to join our team as Environmental Health and Safety/ Environmental Engineering Interns.Why Arconic?
Your education is just beginning!
Arconic interns have the opportunity to be part of real world business scenarios. Our interns learn our business processes and are given ample mentoring and instruction. Their skills are sharpened as full members of a project team, working alongside leaders in partnership with business unit clients. Interns are also exposed to a variety of project-based assignments which allow them to add value to the company. Interns are assigned projects based on their business unit specifications which will vary depending on location. Internships typically run from May/June through August.Some of the highlights as a member of the team are
• Information sessions with the Senior Leadership team across Arconic
• Housing stipend/ housing for students who reside outside of their internship location
• Professional development opportunities and on the job training
• Exposure to the inner workings of a Fortune 500 Company
• A competitive wage
• Plant tours and possible opportunities to visit other Arconic locations
• Social activities with other interns and Arconic colleagues
While an internship with Arconic provides you with invaluable experience that you could utilize in any role, it is Arconic’s goal to evaluate its interns for potential entry-level openings. With over 60 locations across the US, there are opportunities to work in a variety places around the country.Examples of intern responsibilities include:
• Assist in the development of Sustainable Programs within the Waste, Water, Air and Chemical Release Areas.
• Maintain and apply knowledge of current policies, regulations, and industrial processes.
• Recommend process and product safety features that will reduce employees' exposure to chemical, physical, and biological work hazards.
• Inspect facilities, machinery, and safety equipment to identify and correct potential hazards, and to ensure safety regulation compliance.
• Investigate industrial accidents, injuries, or occupational diseases to determine causes and preventive measures.
• Help review plans and specifications for construction of new machinery or equipment to determine whether all safety requirements have been met.Qualities we are looking for
• Demonstrated outstanding academic achievement and an aptitude for Environmental Engineering or Environmental Health and Safety
• A strong record of team, project and/or people leadership in a work setting and/or extracurricular activities
• The ability to thrive in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment; willingness to take initiative to understand the business
• An aptitude for problem solving; strong writing and verbal communication skills
• Previous successful experience as an active member of a team
• A strong commitment to excellence and to personal and professional growth
• Must be resourceful, responsible, tenacious, curious, independent, confident and high energy
For more information, visit www.arconic.com
, follow @Arconic on Twitter at www.twitter.com/ArconicCareers
, and follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Arconic
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.