Arconic Wheel and Transportation Products (AWTP) is a business with a rich tradition and a bright future. We invented the forged wheel in 1948 and we have remained the global leader in providing safe, strong, light-weight and innovative aluminum transportation products. AWTP produces over 4 million Aluminum wheels globally with annual sales exceeding $800 million. AWTP products are highly engineered to operate in challenging environments with significant product liability risk and a wide diversity of end use applications ranging from passenger cars to heavy-duty trucks to commercial and military vehicles.
Our consumers enjoy many advantages which include: weight savings for more legal payload capability or increased fuel efficiency, one-piece forged strength, corrosion resistance that never needs painting, cool, true run to extend tire and brake life and brilliant good looks.
We are seeking highly motivated and energetic students to join our team as Environmental Health & Safety Engineering interns. Join Arconic and join a network of people who are passionate about industry-changing technology that advances the world. You'll have the opportunity to work with leading global companies that operate in world-changing industries - such as aerospace, automotive, building and construction, defense and commercial transportation. It's not just a job. It's a career and a path to the future. You'll be part of a diverse culture of learning, teaching and mentorship. Arconic is fully committed to developing people: providing employees with the resources, and learning and development opportunities they need to excel and build a career.
Why join us? Your education is just beginning! Our interns have the opportunity to be part of real world business scenarios. Their skills are sharpened as full members of a project team, working alongside leaders in partnership with business unit clients. Interns are assigned projects based on their business unit specifications which will vary depending on location. Some of the highlights as a member of the team are business insight sessions with the Senior Leadership team across the organization, professional development opportunities, and plant tours, and social activities with other interns and colleagues.
Internships typically run from May/June through August.
What are we looking for? We look for interns with:
• Demonstrated outstanding academic achievement
• A strong record of team, project and/or people leadership in a work setting and/or extracurricular activities
• The ability to thrive in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
• Willingness to take initiative to understand the business
• An aptitude for problem solving; strong writing and verbal communication skills
• Previous successful experience as an active member of a team
• A strong commitment to excellence and to personal and professional growth
• Must be resourceful, responsible, tenacious, curious, independent, confident and high energy For more information, and to apply for specific internship roles, visit http://careers.arconic.com/universityrelations.php
• Currently enrolled in an accredited Bachelor's degree or Master's Degree program in Environmental Health & Safety, Industrial Hygiene, or related field.
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
• Relevant internship/work/research experience
Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.