Corporate Global Law & Policy
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
EHS ITO leader
Environmental Health & Safety
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
District Of Columbia
Northern Mariana Islands
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Virgin Islands, U.S.
Anywhere in North America or virtual office
Environmental Health & Safety-ITO (tendering) COE is part of GE Corporate Shared Service organization and it is full time dedicated to the support of GE Power Business' Sales and Commercial operations. It provides Risk Management type input to the commercial process in order to identify and mitigate commercial and execution risks related to Health & Safety, Environmental, and Security aspects of GE Power's bids for new products and services at customer sites.
Function's mission being:
1) to ensure prompt expert advice to commercial teams on customer EHS requirements, local regulations, feasibility of EHS contractual commitment, planning EHS execution (internally and externally with prospective partners) and,
2) ensure that, within the framework of the risk management process in place, EHS risks have been verified and abated to a reasonable level.
The job is intended to guarantee a continued line of contact to the Business' commercial forces, there will be a need for business travel when assessing prospective partners and/or collaborating with partners.
Job requires a continued interfacing with EHS OTR, close relations with the Business' EHS and tendering teams, Risk/Contract management, legal department, GGO security team and medical department.
Specific role objective
The role will be responsible for reviewing bid opportunities and managing EHS related risks within the commercial risk management process for GE Power (Gas & Steam).
The role will need to liaise with various groups including Sales, CommOps, Application Engineers, GGO Security teams, Product Safety Groups, Business Legal teams, Business EHS teams, and field EHS execution personnel. Each member of the EHS ITO team is expected to be able to handle commercial opportunities of all GEP's product-lines.
• Front line with Commercial Operations and sales of GE Power
• Being a point of contact for any EHS need of GE Power during the bidding phase.
• Facilitate dialogue between Commercial teams and internal EHS/Medical/Security and Supply Chain resource as needed
• Representing GEP' EHS function in the Bid/No-bid strategy making process
• Liaise with Corporate Advance Prep team and coordinate the response effort to complex Customer's EHS pre-qualifications
• Support EPC partner qualification process led by EHS OTR team
• Determine adequate Division of Responsibility and Execution strategy based on Partner/Contractor assessment
• Review Customer's RFQ and T&C's in order to identify due performance and prepare adequate mitigation/execution strategy
• Plan adequate EHS budget for project execution
• Ensure smooth ITO/OTR handover if awarded and collect OTR feedback at the end of execution phase
• Support and Manage the Delegation of Authority (DOA) exception requests for EHS related items.
• Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Engineering
• Minimum of 4 years experience in EHS, Inquiry to Order, or Power Projects
• Fluent in English spoken and written
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
• Knowledge of GE's Commercial Process and Tools (R calls, DOAs, Salesforce.com, Contracts, Division of Responsibility Matrixes, Consortium Agreements, etc) would be desirable.
• Knowledge of Spanish language would be highly desirable
• Highly organized; self-starting attitude
• Risk management approach combined with a degree of negotiation skills and a solid technical base
• Ability to work in team with dispersed and multicultural sales force in a complex organization and to adapt to their operational rhythm
• Sift through tendering documentation, complex correspondence identifying key items from trivial
• Ability to communicate clearly own positions in writing
• Defend own/team position in challenging/competitive situations
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.