Eaton is seeking a environmental health and safety manager to support our North America Automotive Division. This role will be based at our Belmond Iowa facility and will be responsible for completion of Eaton Corporate, Regional and site specific EHS targets & objectives.
A. Manages and directs site in achieving EHS targets & objectives.
B. Directs development, facilities, and achievement of goals in support of corporate, regional and business group EHS strategic initiatives.
C. Facilitates risk assessment at the location to identify critical EHS hazards and aspects.
D. Determines appropriate leading and lagging indicators to track performance against targets and objectives.
E. Supports creation of EHS goals for the site manager and appropriate activity based goals for the leadership team, functional managers, and front-line supervisors to drive EHS culture, compliance, and results
F. Works to assign MESH element champions and facilitate their engagement in ownership of the MESH elements
G. Creates and facilitates EHS engagement through EHS teams and committees needed to accomplish the established targets and objectives for the year.
H. Works with leadership team and MESH element champions to complete an annual evaluation of compliance for EHS Federal, State, and local regulations
I. Pursues third party recognition for programs that establish the site and Eaton’s EHS program as world class.
J. Uses established EHS data processes such as MESH Suite to manage data such as injuries and illnesses, environmental metrics, risk assessments, EHS action items and other pertinent information.
K. Create training matrices to ensure that all training is defined and tracked to completion
L. Work with site leadership team to ensure that all key EHS operational controls are in place and that EHS action items are resolved on a timely basis
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 3 years experience in EHS or related field
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Significant experience with day to day application of Federal and state laws, OSHA and EPA regulations as well as MESH and worker’s compensation
- Master’s degree in EHS or related field from an accredited institution
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Strong communication skills for interaction with all levels of the organization
- Experience managing people