Reporting to the EHS Manager this position will be a member of Arconic Functional team, also supporting the Aluminum Lithium Cast House in Lafayette. This role will provide leadership for the implementation of EHS processes, programs and initiatives for the Lafayette Arconic facility. This role will also provide Industrial Hygiene support for the Lafayette site. The principal objectives are to ensure that the safety management system progresses to a state of sustainable compliance with all regulatory and Arconic requirements, to enhance the work force's understanding of safety risks and impacts, and to provide safety support to the site organization and leadership group. This position is also accountable for:
- Develops and sustains systems to drive compliance, fatality prevention, injury reduction, and environmental performance.
- Coaches and provides mentorship to departmental leadership in the execution of their EHS accountabilities.
- Provides technical expertise in new equipment/facilities development by actively participating in Project Environmental Safety Health reviews, audits, and internal self-assessments.
- Analyses of data and reports necessary for corrective / preventive actions and identification of gaps.
- Assists with development and implementation of EHS policy and procedures of Arconic and the business unit with focus on prevention and risk reduction.
- Takes appropriate action to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the location's EHS policy and Arconic Standards.
- Develops and conducts EHS-related training sessions.
- Participates actively in investigation of EHS incidents to assist in identifying root cause and provides recommendations to prevent recurrence.
- Provide daily safety floor support for process and personnel to assist in deployment of best practices, identification and control of hazards.
- Support efforts to sustain compliance in complex production and R&D environments by assuring programs within the safety management system meets or exceed federal and Arconic requirements.
- Support the regulatory requirements and Arconic initiatives that may impact current or production as well as anticipated development projects.
- Assist the management team with identification and investigation of safety issues/incidents and development of root cause solutions to drive continuous improvement of departmental safety performance
- Interfacing with various organizations and groups within and outside of Arconic.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
- Working knowledge of industrial foundry technology processes
- Knowledge of Behavioral Based or Human Performance Safety Systems
- Strong Interpersonal Skills; able to forge strong, trusting collaborative relationships
- Results driven self-starter
- Good communicator with experience delivering EHS Training topics
- Sound coaching, mentoring and conflict resolution skills
- Able to conceptualize, develop and effectively implement EHS programs, policy and procedures
- Has computer proficiency in MS Office
- Experience performing accident/injury investigation
- Strong problem solving skills and experience utilizing root cause tools
- Experience in molten metal safety is a plus
- Able to analyze data, identify trends and recommend corrective actions
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university
A minimum of 1 year EHS experience in a manufacturing environment with a focus in Industrial Hygiene.
Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this positionPreferred Qualifications
Strong background in OSHA, IDEM, EPA and Industry Consensus Standards
CHMM, CSP, or IH Credential is a plus