The EKG/Stress Test monitors patients' EKG waveforms in a centralized monitoring station.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Interprets Rhythms and Arrhythmias.
- Reports all changes in heart rate/rhythm to appropriate nursing staff.
- Maintains Telemetry Supplies.
- Records patient condition utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Performs duties with full understanding of related age specific factors.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
• Minimum of a high school degree or equivalent required.
• BLS through the American Heart Association required upon hire.
• Previous clerical experience and CMT/cardiac experienced preferred.
• Previous experience as a monitor tech in a hospital setting required.
• Strong customer service skills required.
• Familiarity with medical terminology is desired.
• Computer literacy is required.
• Completion of basic EKG/Arrhythmia course.
• Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.