Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.Job Description
Want to learn more? Click "apply now"
above to get in touch!
We are the Search team in Workday. Our focus is on the practical application of search, machine learning and distributed computing. Workday is the Cloud based SaaS company providing industry leading solutions in the space of HR, Financial, Workforce planning and Learning for more than 30% of the Fortune 500. This gives us an incredible data-set to collect, transform and analyze to help the world's largest organizations make strategic decisions about their people and finances.
Our team is the one building scalable and highly relevant enterprise search capability for the entire Workday product family. We use Elasticsearch to power our search for the hundreds of thousands of users. We provide real-time visibility into data. As a senior member of the team you will improve our current offerings and architect and design the next generation of search. We are also proud of our nimble, startup like culture. We practice quick ideation, agile development, pair programming, extensive automated testing, continuous deployment and service ownership.
Do you want to work with world class engineers on leveraging Workday's vast computing resources with its rich and extensive data-sets? Do you geek out if you hear the terms - shards, indices: If so, we should chat.
As part of our team you'll be working on projects like these:
A Scala client for Elasticsearch's HTTP API which presents Scala-idiomatic, typed interface. https://github.com/Workday/escalar
A plugin to extend Elasticsearch to support encryption-at-rest with per-tenant keys. https://github.com/Workday/elasticrypt Excited? Here's more. In this role, you shall:
We would love to discuss your:
- As a part of an agile development team, work with product managers to architect the next generation of Workday search
- Use Elasticsearch for powering not only Search but using ELK stack for logging and monitoring our systems end to end.
- Build and deliver high visibility customer-facing products .
What we offer:
- Hands-on experience with Elasticsearch, SolR, and/or Lucene
- Experience with Elasticsearch performance tuning and production deployments
- Experience in engineering SaaS based software development
- Experience with search engine technology, image search and inverted indexes
- Hands on experience with Java and/or Scala
- Hands on experience in building indexing pipeline.
- Preferred experience in NoSQL database like Cassandra
- Preferred experience in big data processing, Hadoop and Spark.
- 5-10+ years of relevant experience.
- Ability to write clean, effective code.
- Collaboration with others-our work isn't carried out in a vacuum, and everyone contributes to get the job done.
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment and constantly revising assumptions in response to new information.
- Educational background in relevant field (Computer Science/Engineering, Applied Math, Statistics, and other quantitative fields)
Learn more about Workday:
- Opportunity to make an impact on industry-leading projects
- Work with a highly motivated and dedicated team
- Full medical, dental, vision for FTE roles
- Employer-matching 401k
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan
- Paid baby bonding / parental leave
- Adoption reimbursement
- Back-up child and elderly daycare
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Healthy snack program
- Fitness rooms
Workday's Technology Platform and Development Process (whitepaper):
http://bit.ly/wdaytechdev Workday Technology and Innovation Blog:
EVP of Development Explains Technology behind Workday's Innovative Applications (YouTube):