GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
At GE Global Research, we're redefining what's possible. From cutting-edge research in molecular pathology for use in personalized cancer diagnostics to programs in coal gasification and renewable power that drive clean energy solutions, our work at Global Research is world-renowned. As part of our team, you'll find yourself among nearly 3,000 scientists and engineers from every discipline in a dynamic atmosphere where you'll be constantly challenged to learn and grow. You'll have access to leaders on all levels of the organization and collaborate across the globe with the very best in the field. If you have an insatiable intellectual curiosity and the ability to articulate your vision, then join us and watch the work you do create the next generation of products and processes that will impact the globe for generations to come.
At GE Global Research we redefine what's possible, finding answers to some of the world's toughest problems. Find out more athttp://www.ge.com/researchorhttp://twitter.com/geresearchjobs, and connect with our technologists athttp://twitter.com/GEresearch
There is always an exciting new challenge on the horizon at GE Global Research because "what we imagine, we can make happen."
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Electrical & Control Systems Engineer
Disciplinary Engineering and Science
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
As a Control Systems Engineer in the Control Systems research field, you will develop and implement technologies that advance the state of the art in supervisory control systems. You will lead research projects that develop, implement, and deploy software-based control systems that improve the efficacy of supervisory control systems in the aviation, marine, power generation, and systems engineering domains. These systems will leverage advanced technologies for integrated modeling, simulation, network planning, and analytics.
The Control Systems Engineer will perform research and development involving simulation, operation, and optimization of large scale systems such as airline/airspace systems, marine & rail transport systems, or power generation and transmission systems. They will lead research and development using advanced simulation, software development, and system test & validation.
In this position, the prospective candidate will:
* Understand & elicit customer and market requirements involving transport systems (airline, marine, and/or rail) network strategic planning and operations
* Develop simulations for system optimization for operation, efficiency, asset health, and environmental impact
* Conceive and develop strategic initiatives for the simplification and implementation of large scale, supervisory control systems with a particular emphasis on disruption management, operation robustness, scheduling, and sequencing with various operational constraints
* Provide mentoring and development of staff members in the organization to grow the technical capability and knowledge of the organization
* Develop and maintain strategic relationships with internal and external organizations to accelerate and expand the ability to deliver new technology to our business customers
* PhD in Electrical Engineering with minimum 3 years experience OR Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering with minimum 5 years experience OR Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering with minimum 10 years experience
* Underlying theories of solving optimization problems
* Modeling and optimization of large-scale network flow problems
* Proficiency with tools and programming languages such as Java, Python, Matlab, C++, C#, or R.
* Proven leadership, coaching and teamwork skills
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required; we will not sponsor individuals at the Masters level for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
* Must be willing to work out of an office located in Niskayuna, NY
* Must be 18 years or older
* You must submit your application for employment on the careers page at www.gecareers.com to be considered
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Proficiency with Discrete-event simulations using general-purpose programming languages and familiarity with Monte-Carlo simulations
* Experience with controls and real-time & embedded control systems is strongly desired
* Working knowledge of automation and control systems
* Experience with standard development processes, methodologies, and tools for hardware and software co-design
* Domain expertise in the field of aviation and avionics
* Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
* Entrepreneurial drive and a demonstrated ability to achieve goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.