Electrical & Instrumentation Drafter/Designer- Soda Springs Manufacturing Site
Monsanto Company is a leading global provider of technology based solutions and agricultural products that improve farm productivity and food quality. Our Soda Springs, Idaho plant, a leading producer of elemental phosphorus, is seeking a qualified Electrical & Instrumentation Drafter/Designer. This position is responsible for creating, modifying and maintaining electrical and instrumentation drawings for the Soda Springs manufacturing site - which is a critical operation within Monsanto's US Crop Protection Business.
Monsanto provides employees with competitive wages and a complete package of benefits including: a 401(k) plan, medical and life insurance, dental and vision insurance, health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts, adoption assistance and other work/life resources.
The Soda Springs site is comprised of approximately 400 employees. This position works closely with local internal customers to ensure delivery of drafting/design services in support of business objectives. Primary responsibilities include: design and drafting work for Engineering and Manufacturing customers, maintaining drawing catalogue for the site.
This role works closely with engineers, operators, maintenance personnel, vendors and contractors. This position will report functionally to the Engineering Supervisor.
Monsanto provides employees with competitive wages and a complete package of benefits, which includes: a 401(k) plan, medical and life insurance, dental and vision insurance, health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts, adoption assistance and other work/life resources. Scope / Specific Responsibilities of the Position:
- Provide high quality drafting/design services to various internal customers.
- Complete work assignments in a timely manner to facilitate project timelines.
- Develop effective relationships with customers.
- Knowledge of and compliance with all Monsanto safety rules and programs.
- Five years design/drafting experience.
- Proficiency using computer aided design (CAD) programs.
- Ability to understand, create and modify various types of drawings including, but not limited to: EFDs, instrument loops, electrical schematics, one-line diagrams, wiring diagrams and connection diagrams.
- Associates degree in drafting related field.
- General engineering and construction knowledge.
- Proficiency using Microstation.
- Proficiency using SolidWorks.
- Ability to use MS Office suite of programs (Excel, Outlook, Word, etc.).
- Detail oriented.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexible and able to respond quickly to changing job demands and prioritize multiple responsibilities.
**Relocation benefits are not approved for this role**
Monsanto is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse combination of ideas, perspectives and cultures. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
At Monsanto, we believe that diverse perspectives solve big challenges and deliver a broad range of solutions to help nourish our growing world.