Electrical and Maintenance Specialist (FT/Rotating Shifts)
Posted: September 27, 2016
Reference ID: 5000145655610
Job Duties Include, But Are Not Limited To:
* Perform Preventative Maintenance task to identify all potential mechanical and electrical issues with equipment throughout the plant
* Follow daily work schedules to complete all assigned PMs, Corrective, Safety and Quality work orders
* Perform PMs for the sole purpose of generating work orders on minor repair items such as loose connections, leaks, alignment and adjustment problems
* Perform safety inspections of guarding, tripping hazards, proper use and handling of equipment
* Install piping for water, steam and gas lines in a code-acceptable manner
* Investigate mechanical and electrical problems, analyze cause and make suggestions to keep problems from recurring utilizing the Breakdown Analysis process (BDA)
* Rebuild worn-out, but reusable, pieces of equipment, such as gearboxes
* Troubleshoot and repair all mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, utility system to include wastewater and boiler trouble calls to include PLC systems
* Understand plant fire alarm systems
* Start-up/Shut-down the line and know the sequence of operation.
* Start-up and shut down the boiler safely. Perform daily boiler blow-downs, perform daily boiler water treatment test and be able to take action based on test results
* Calibrate pressure, temperature, level, PH recorders and indicators
* Understand the storeroom system and available alternatives if parts or equipment are not available.
* Support TPM as a site expert delivering operations training
* Use plant work order system, including generating work orders, making repairs and re-supplying parts
* Keep accurate records pertaining to parts usage, procedures, shift notes and other records assigned
* Perform all work in an organized manner, including clean-up
* Handle special assignments or other duties as assigned by authorized personnel
* Set-up, surface preparation prior to welding, choose the proper rod for the job, weld various beads: butt, lap, fillet, weld with arc welder, weld for strength on fabrication jobs, use cutting torch
* Perform mechanical and electrical functions necessary in major project installations
* Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at anytime
* Minimum 5 year's experience in Industrial Automation
* Able to read (including Mechanical/Electrical blueprints, parts and instruction manuals), write and communicate in English
* Able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
* Must be able to perform basic math computations to determine gear ratios etc.
* Ability to fabricate and make repairs utilizing shop equipment
* Ability to mechanically and electrically assemble and disassemble machinery, troubleshoot, repair, replace equipment and ability to install/remove equipment
* Ability to troubleshoot and repair electro/pneumatic controls, photoelectric sensing systems, programmable controllers and AC and DC motors
* Ability to calibrate pressure, temperature, level, PH recorders and indicators
* Familiarity with: Electrical Systems & Electrical Theory, Machine Controls, Electromechanical, Computer Literacy, Networking, PLC's, Power Distribution, Strong Understanding of Single-phase transformer
* Ability to plan and anticipate needs for various projects
* Ability to work at various heights and with various chemicals. Demonstrated ability to work in a safe and controlled manner
* Must have the ability to work in a team environment
* Must have the ability to learn new technologies
* Candidate must demonstrate capability through the Electrical and Mechanical NOCTI test to be considered for this position.
* Support the plant Food Safety Policy