Grow with us as a Maintenance Electrical Apprentice in one of our state-of-the-art production facilities in Omaha, NE! Working as a fundamental member of the manufacturing organization, you will be a key partner to Operations, Quality Food Safety and Environmental Health and Safety personnel. We are looking for a passionate team player who loves solving problems and is eager to help shape a strong future for our company and their career. WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
In your role as Maintenance Electrical Apprentice at Kellogg, you will be part of our success by shadowing a Maintenance Electrical Technician to develop your skillset by:
Qualifications: WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
- Executing advanced electrical troubleshooting
- Performing working knowledge of Programmable Logic Controllers
- Interpreting electrical schematics and Instrumentation Drawings
- Troubleshooting and repairing variable speed drives, instrumentation, and various industrial production control systems
- Identifying and examining production equipment failures to understand root cause - be inquisitive.
- Working independently, and as an active team member
- Actively seeking ways to improve plant efficiency and cost savings
- Maintaining an open dialogue with supervisor regarding day-to-day activities
As well as a hunger to learn and succeed in Manufacturing, to be considered for this position you must be able to meet the following requirements:
- AAS degree in Electromechanical Technology, Electrical Technology, Electronics Systems Technology or an equivalent
- Be at least 18 years old
- A High School diploma or GED
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Sitting, standing, walking, lifting, and or/ repetitive tasks throughout the day. Employee will be required to occasionally lift up to 50lbs.
- Commitment to a two (2) year apprentice/training program
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
- Previous experience working in a food manufacturing plant
- Programmable Logic Controller experience in a manufacturing setting
The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, work overtime as needed and the ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
The Electrical Apprentice program will be on-the-job training. The program is a two (2) year program that consists of gaining experience while being an assistant or "helper" to on staff electricians conducting daily work activities.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For additional information, please follow this Link for English or this Link for Spanish.
A little about us: