Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk . Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Schneider Electric's Lexington, KY facility is seeking a motivated individual to serve as an Electrical Controls Engineer on 2nd Shift for the support of its Industrial processes. Candidate should possess a strong level of knowledge in the design, implementation, improvement, and operation of Industrial systems utilizing PLCs, robotics, pneumatic & hydraulic systems, and servo controlled motion.
Schneider Electric is a dynamic, global company and Lexington Square D is a very vertically integrated MTS/MTO facility with a high level of automation. This position will be directly responsible for the continuous improvement of Lexington’s manufacturing equipment as well as the innovation of new machine control methods.
- Controls/Technical support for 2nd Shift production including fabrication, metal finishing, and assembly, through troubleshooting and determining root causes for downtime events.
- Production barrier identification and elimination for various levels of automation including: stamping presses, welders, conveyors, automated assembly, and robotics.
- Update, modify, and continuously improve existing controls systems including: robotics, ladder logic programs, relay logic, electrical distribution, motor controls, operator interface, pneumatic/hydraulic distribution
- Design and develop new machine controls including robotic, electrical, electronic, hydraulic, pneumatic and vision systems
- Coordinate with production and maintenance on existing machine control modifications or installations
- Create, maintain and keep current all documentation: electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic schematics; panel layouts; PLC, operator display, operator interface, and robot programs.
- Implement and maintain data collection system for shop floor production equipment
BS Degree in Electrical Engineering or Technical degree with 5 years of related Experience Experience with implementing industrial controls Strong PLC programming skills Electrical/Mechanical CAD Experience Motion Control Experience Robot programming Experience Machine Vision Experience Experience with Electrical, Pneumatic, and Hydraulic Systems Available to work on 2nd Shift
Skills and Competencies
Strong organizational skills including but not limited to the ability to handle multiple demands and assignments in parallel Self-motivated and driven individual desiring to make an immediate impact Ability to prioritize tasks effectively and efficiently Demonstrated ability to perform root cause analysis and develop action plans to strategically eliminate barriers Ability to identify waste and drive it out of complex processes Effective communication skills and the ability to work with cross-functional teams Ability to prepare, read and interpret written reports, instructions, procedures and guidelines Ability to read and interpret blueprints and schematics
Ability to manage and schedule multiple priorities and meet deadlines
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY . Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.