Eaton is looking for a Senior Electrical & Systems Engineer to develop innovative solutions for our three phase UPS products in Raleigh, NC.
This position is responsible for designing, developing and testing power electronics and other electrical systems and subsystems for UPS and other three phase power systems.
- Electrical and system engineering activities for advanced mission critical power products
- Champions innovative solutions in a variety of areas: semiconductor devices, power electronics, magnetics, thermal, and digital controls functions
- Performs system and architectural product design
- Analyzes and simulates power electronics systems including, analog, logical, and digital electronics
- Technical leader for special projects in the division, responsible for meeting schedule, cost and product performance goals.
- Evaluates alternative solutions to satisfy emerging customer wants and needs. Proposes technology roadmaps and development initiatives
- Reviews product development requirement specifications including product management and customer requirements. Writes and maintains functional specifications of design solutions.
- Demonstrates attention to detail and an ability to connect the dots particularly at the system level
- Keeps track of latest power electronics, embedded software and controls strategies. Applies knowledge to power electronics applications.
- Develops power electronics systems utilizing Hardware In Loop (HIL) and other Model Based Development tools
- Applies Design for Six Sigma principles as part of the development process.
- Fosters an environment that promotes Eaton’s goals, philosophies, and encourages continuous improvement.
- Listens to and understands the “Voice of the Customer”
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years of electrical engineering experience
- Must be legally authorized to work within the United States without company sponsorship.
Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
4 years of Electrical Engineer experience
Solid background in the field of power electronics
Experience with power electronic utility interface
- Cross functional team development experience
- Experience developing complex electrical systems with digital controls
- Ability to evaluate and design higher level system architectural considerations involving electrical, software, and mechanical cross-disciplinary principles.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Good understanding of control of power electronics and/or motor drives
- Ability to demonstrate creativity and innovation leadership, is able to come up with and productize new and unique ideas
- Ability to demonstrate problem solving using logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions
- Ability to demonstrate process management and figure out processes necessary to get things done
- Ability to demonstrate technical learning and can learn new skills, knowledge, industry, product or technical knowledge
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PQD CPS Critical Power Solutions
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.