Microsoft Cloud Infrastructure and Operations (MCIO) is the engine that powers Microsoft's cloud services. The team is responsible for designing, building and operating our unified global datacenters; managing the demand planning and capacity utilization of our unified infrastructure; and responsible for all of the operations needed to run the physical infrastructure (including supply chain, hardware, power, security, and workflow teams). We focus on smart growth with an emphasis on automation, data driven engineering, cost-effectiveness and environmental sustainability.
We deliver the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's over 200 online businesses including Bing, MSN, Office 365, Xbox Live, Skype, OneDrive and the Microsoft Azure platform. Our infrastructure is comprised of a large global portfolio of more than 100 datacenters and 1 million servers. Our portfolio is built and managed by a team of subject matter experts supporting services for more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses in over 90 countries worldwide.
At the forefront of the action in MCIO is our Datacenter Operations Group!
In the Electrical Engineer role, you will have an opportunity to work alongside a dynamic team of industry professionals across the Information Technology (IT) and Critical Environments (CE) spectrum, to support 24x7x365 on-site DC operations and electrical infrastructures. You will be the technical authority for on-site operations related to a large-scale mission critical electrical system and design. From establishing and coordinating maintenance & safety procedures, maintaining highly redundant electrical designs; to operating and recovering datacenter electrical systems -- you will steward of the most vital infrastructure supporting deployments of Microsoft's online services. You will manage the electrical infrastructures throughout this location, ranging from a single large capacity facility, to several smaller ones -- all built using cutting edge datacenter-industry designs and equipment!
Excellent customer service, interpersonal awareness, and communication skills will be pivotal in bringing your technical abilities to life, supporting Microsoft’s future success!
• 5+ Years’ experience operating mission-critical, 24x7x365 facilities or electrical infrastructures
• Valid license to drive standard street-legal automatic transmission vehicles within local jurisdiction
• Bachelor/Master degree in Electrical, Industrial, or Process Engineering
• Strong experience with the operation and maintenance of building electrical systems. (Power distribution, lighting, grounding, fire alarm, security, life safety, and controls systems)
• Established understanding of electrical theory and practical application in the maintenance & operation of critical electrical equipment. (Paralleling switchgear, redundant UPS systems, DC battery strings, multi-source electrical utility switchgear, standby diesel generators, etc.)
• Knowledge of construction techniques, terminology, and documentation (Ability to interpret blueprints, electrical one-lines, construction drawings etc.)
• Practical experience with building management systems and automation, controls & frameworks
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.