At Arconic, our goal is to be the best company in the world! Arconic is the world's leading producer and manager of primary aluminum, fabricated aluminum and alumina facilities, and is active in all major aspects of the industry. Arconic serves the aerospace, automotive, packaging, building and construction, commercial transportation, and industrial markets, bringing design, engineering, production, and other capabilities of Arconic’s businesses as a single solution to customers. This position is within Arconic's North American Rolled Products (NARP) Business Unit. NARP produces the widest variety of aluminum sheet and plate products in the world. Our aluminum is the foundation for many products, serving customers in a wide range of industries including Aerospace, Building and Construction, and Automotive Systems and Distribution. The mission of North American Rolled Products is to be the world’s leading supplier of aluminum sheet and plate products. To achieve this goal, Davenport Works’ manufacturing processes need to be technologically sustainable, cost effective, and able to be continually improved. Engineering’s principle challenge is to provide safe, reliable, maintainable and capable equipment and processes to meet these goals. The Electrical Engineer is responsible (both individually and in teams) for the electrical engineering of one or more pieces of equipment and/or facilities within Davenport Works. The Electrical Engineer’s assignment will focus in one or both of two principal areas: 1) Design, installation and commissioning of new and revised equipment.
2) Electrical engineering and process improvement support in assigned areas of the production facility. Additional Responsibilities:
- Participate in all and manage some aspects of engineering project work, including investigation, specification, design, funding, installation, tune up, documentation, maintenance training, and statistical startup.
- Estimate and manage capital investments associated with project work, including funding request preparation and expenditure projection, tracking and reporting.
- Support capital improvement, continuous improvement, and installation and commissioning projects
- Provide support in the identification of problems, problem solving to root, implementation of corrective measures.
- Oversee the activities of skilled craft persons involved in the implementation of engineered solutions. In this role, be able to initiate and maintain an ongoing dialogue with installers to identify issues, clarify requirements, and facilitate use of safe work practices.
Manage external vendors who provide electrical design and support functions.
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.