Participates in a development team under the instruction and direction of a more senior engineer. Assist in the design, development, modification, and evaluation of electronic components and systems.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
· Develops designs for electrical subsystems for electrical components.
· Confers with Senior and Staff Engineers to prepare and document design modifications as required.
· May employ quality improvement and supplier relations approach utilizing customer required formats such as Production Parts Approval Process (PPAP) and Advanced Production Quality Process (APQP) techniques.
· Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering and design tasks.
· Prepares information as needed in the design documentation process.
· Prepares schematics, product and component related specifications, and bills of materials as needed.
· Confirms accuracy of BOM and assembly data (CIM).
· Directs and coordinates manufacture or building of prototype products and systems.
· Responsible for determining component requirements appropriate to product.
· Confirms availability and facilitates acquisition of new components for builds.
· Plans, develops, and participates in experimentation and tests related to product development.
· Generates and analyzes test data and reports to determine if design meets functional and performance specifications.
· Assists with determining root cause of product nonperformance utilizing appropriate test equipment.
· Participates in development of design process procedure and plan development of experimental test programs.
· May assist in developing test and design process procedures evaluating test results for possible application to other products and/or systems.
· Provides assistance and technical guidance to less experienced engineers.
· May be responsible for reporting budget requirements to the Manager or other appropriate personnel.
· Interprets and complies with Company policies, procedures, and regulations.
· Prepares reports, charts, graphs, and other statistical information.
· Will initiate, recommend, or provide solutions through designated channels.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
· Four-year College Degree in at least one STEM major (Science; Technology; Engineering; Math) and a minimum of three (3) years of experience; or a minimum of six (6) years of electric design experience in electronics products.
· Must be capable of system level analysis and interface design work.
· Must possess good theoretical and practical EE knowledge and its application to requirements, problems, and tasks.
· Must possess broad understanding of various areas within main discipline.
· DSP, SOC, power supply, audio and/or radio tuner development experience required.
· Automotive electronics/infotainment development experience preferred.
· Zuken schematics entry/layout skills preferred.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Windows based databases as appropriate to the position and assignment.
SOME OF THE TOYS YOU GET TO PLAY WITH:
· Electrical Subsystems
· Reports, Charts, Graphs
· Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
BENEFITS AND PERKS – WE'RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
· Great Benefits + Company-matched 401K retirement savings
· Annual Bonus Program
· Educational Assistance and Reimbursement Program
· Relaxed dress code
· Onsite Recreation Center & Café
· Telecommuter and Work Mobility Program
· Onsite Happy Hours!
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM's) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road – we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.