Electrical Engineer II
This technical position is responsible for developing embedded software for our smart thermostat products within our Building Technologies & Solutions business. What you will do
What we look for
- Responsible for the Design, Implementation and Test of firmware for controller and related products working closely with Hardware Engineers, System Architects and Test Engineers.
- Leading the development of product requirements.
- Working with the cross-functional team to define the system architecture.
- Understanding and implementing control product requirements.
- Adherence to software development best practices such as unit testing, code reviews, static analysis, etc.
- Implementing solutions in accordance to the existing system architecture.
- Defining product conformance/qualification test plans and criteria, supporting test with timely resolution of issues found.
- Analyzing and solving complex hardware/software issues.
- Supporting and encouraging a philosophy of cooperation within the group.
- Coordinating and participating in software design and code reviews/inspections.
- Documenting and archiving software program releases in accordance with our software development process.
- Strongly advocating for the adherence to software development best practices such as unit testing, code reviews, static analysis, etc.
- Keeping abreast of technical advancements in embedded technologies, programming languages, software development techniques and tools, etc.
Must have exceptionally good object oriented software architecture/design skills and C/C++ programming and development skills.
Must have a strong working knowledge of real-time design and embedded operating systems
We require a Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or equivalent.
Embedded systems programming and project experience is required and 4-7 years of software engineering experience is desired.
Embedded systems knowledge of the entire product development lifecycle (requirements, design, implementation, test and deployment) is desired.
Excellent written and oral communication skills, along with the proven ability to interact with other disciplines outside of engineering are a must.
Experience with the Renesas HEW development environment and Renesas processors is desired. Who we are
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email SpecialAccommodations@Tyco.com
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.