Electrical Design Engineer III You will be designing electrical circuits and integrating electrical systems consisting of instrumentation, high voltage, power, and control system designs for use in large scale capital equipment. Projects will include New Product Development and Continuous Improvement, and will be a team approach with Mechanical, Software, and other Electrical Engineers. The successful candidate will enjoy a fast paced environment filled with technical challenges.
- Execution of all project phases from conceptual designs through detailed design, prototype part procurement, development test, reliability test, and release to manufacturing.
- Delivery of technical presentations in support of product proposals and engineering design reviews.
- Documentation of electrical parts and assemblies for release into medium volume production systems.
- Packaging of custom VSEA or off the shelf components into modular chassis.
- Cable and harness design
- Development, System, and Reliability Test of circuit boards, controllers, and electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Limited travel within the US, Asia, and Europe
Degreed Electrical Design Engineer (BSEE/or MSEE) with recent experience (7 yr) in designing, and developing analog & digital circuits and integrating off the shelf hardware for equipment's control and precision process instrumentation. Works independently with minimal guidance, is a good team player, and has good communication skills.
- Experience creating schematics of PCB module design, debug and develop prototypes using laboratory equipment: oscilloscope, Logic analyzers, and bus analyzer, and supervising PCB layout design
- Design experience using microprocessors, micro controllers, FPGA's, A/D, D/A and precision Op amps and using different interfaces e.g. SPI, I2C. Modelsim, VHDL / Verilog design, 'C' programming, and Spice simulation experience would be a plus.
- Specify off the shelf components and sub systems for control and design the wiring to integrate them and test in a system. Some familiarity with Semi Equipment standards for safety would be a plus.
- Knowledge of grounding and shielding
- Hands-on experience with failure analysis of complex electronic hardware and control system field problems, and finding solutions.
App lied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A little about us:
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.