• Will be responsible for the design, development and implementation of system, and associated assembly, components, sub-assemblies and final assemblies throughout the product life cycle. Establishes standards across all operational processes.
• Technically execute engineering projects by collaborating with stakeholders.
• Interface with internal customers regarding issues for specific project.
• Development of design, or modify detailed drawings of complex scope.
• Specify and perform engineering calculations & analysis of moderate scope like custom designed parts and OEM selection.
• Implement concepts for product issues and mechanical solutions of moderate difficulty.
• Development of Mechanical Product Specifications under supervision.
• Prioritizes Review of ECOs and expedites release of ECO, in the implementation cycle.
• Review ECO's for content completeness, Structure of Bill of Material, customer impact (internal and external), organizational impact, and functional product impact
• With supervision establish task priorities.
• Develop Test Procedure for Module/System
Job Specific Knowledge:
• Analyzing the requirement followed by conceptualization of the design proposal.
• Verification of the proposal through preliminary design analyses & calculations.
• Coordinating design approval process with the relevant stakeholders & closing in on the design.
• Part design, Assembly/Kits design and release of drawings for Manufacturing.
• CAD Design using Autodesk Inventor and UG NX.
• Developing detailed design layouts (assembly drawings) of sub-assemblies & reviewing the design w.r.t manufacturability, assembly, maintenance & servicing
• Verifying the design through design calculations, tolerance stack-up analysis & optimizing the design - in parallel to detailed designing activity
• Design support & readiness activities of design for manufacturing i.e., developing the manufacturing drawings, BOM with respect to concept design/customer specifications and manufacturing requirements per ASME Y14.5M-1994 standards.
• Review & validation of GD&T, material selection & heat treatment of the parts, followed by release to manufacturing
• Tech Reviewing of Drawings w.r.t AMAT standards and procedures to meet the design intent.
• Preparing ECO's for release, revising of drawings, ECO reviews with ECO Administrative review tool & SPS resolution through database and attending CCB meetings.
• Analyze the supplier issues & resolving thorough timely solutions.
• OEM selection and classification as per Customer requirement for Design.
• Knowledge of cross cultural communications.
Skills and Abilities:
• GD&T, Design Calculations, AutoCAD, UG
• Demonstrated ability to write and track ECOs.
• Working Knowledge on different Engineering change management software packages like, Oracle, SAP etc.,
• Working knowledge of CES's and the NSR release process.
• Knowledge on PLM software like, TCE (Team Center Engineering).
• Demonstrated computer skills to include MS Office, Lotus Notes, Visio and/or other software / systems necessary for the performance of the job.
Project management skills:
• Ability to work with Cross Functional Teams.
• Time management skills.
• Effective negotiation skills.
• Effective presentation skills.
• Problem solving and conflict resolution skills.Qualifications: Education
- • Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
• Relevant Yrs of Exp : 10 years in Design and Development
• Preferred previous work experience to include Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Experience in a development or manufacturing environment.
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.