Skills and experience:
- Design or modify electrical/electronic engineering assemblies, layouts/schematics and/or detailed drawings/specifications of difficult scope.
- Problem identification and troubleshooting a variety of complex electrical and control system problems with limited supervision.
- Define, coordinate, perform and generate engineering test reports with limited supervision
- Perform engineering analysis of difficult scope with limited supervision
- Technically lead and/or executes engineering projects, including development of key suppliers
- Implements concepts for variety of complex product issues and electrical solutions of difficult scope
- Generate electrical and control systems product specifications
- Specify and review engineering documentation
- Requires an in-depth knowledge and experience of Electrical Engineering research and development, design, modification, and evaluation to support complex semiconductor capital equipment.
- Knowledge and experience in 60Hz 3-phase power delivery hardware.
- Familiar with Semiconductor Capital equipment control systems and safety interlocks.
- AutoCAD experience required.
- Familiar with Semi-S2 and the National Electrical Code.
- Net and EtherCat familiarity required.
- Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services.
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions. Works independently, receives minimal guidance.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Demonstrates conceptual and practical expertise in own discipline and basic knowledge of related disciplines
- Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; is aware of the competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small projects with manageable risks and resource requirements
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
- Impacts a range of customer, operational, project or service activities within own team and other related teams; works within broad guidelines and policies
- Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus
- Bachelor's Degree
- 4 - 7 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A little about us:
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.