In Soda Springs, we produce elemental phosphorous, a key component to ensuring farmers are more productive--something that's becoming increasingly important in our growing world. We are currently offering an Electrical Engineering Internship/Co-op for the summer or fall of 2018 at this location. Responsibilities include:
- Assist with existing/new projects in design, equipment selection, installation, checkout, troubleshooting, and start-up phases.
- Develop engineering solutions for day-to-day problems that arise in the plant operations.
- Other responsibilities could include project development, electrical and instrument hardware selection, electrical control drawing approval, programming controller specifications, software development and training.
- Assist with documentation of the process and equipment to meet compliance with ISO 9002 certification, Monsanto's interlock guidelines and Process Safety Management regulations.
- Junior standing or above in an Electrical Engineering degree program with curriculum and interest in power
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Must be returning to school immediately upon completion of internship/co-op assignment to complete program of study
- Experience and/or interest in an industrial environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Good problem solving skills
- High degree of personal initiative
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment and a diverse culture
A little about us:
At Monsanto, we believe that diverse perspectives solve big challenges and deliver a broad range of solutions to help nourish our growing world.